Graphics
GeForce GTX 970
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a pre-existing copy of OSX Yosemite installed on my old Mac Pro 3,1. I'm building my new Hackintosh on Monday:

i7-4790K
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H
16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical
1 TB HDD

What steps do I need to take to get my current OSX, with all my apps and settings, to work with my new build?

I have a pre-existing copy of OSX Yosemite installed on my old Mac Pro 3,1. I'm building my new Hackintosh on Monday:

i7-4790K
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H
16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical
1 TB HDD

What steps do I need to take to get my current OSX, with all my apps and settings, to work with my new build?

Install OS X on your new machine using one of the methods/guides on this site and then use Migration Assistant to transfer apps, files, and settings.

-bth

Install OS X on your new machine using one of the methods/guides on this site and then use Migration Assistant to transfer apps, files, and settings.

-bth
Or, alternate method, CCC to clone the Mac to the drive for the new build.
UniBeast USB to boot the new build, select the clone, boot flags as needed to get to desktop.
Run MultiBeast to install required kexts and boot loader.

I was going to say option two...

Or, alternate method, CCC to clone the Mac to the drive for the new build.
UniBeast USB to boot the new build, select the clone, boot flags as needed to get to desktop.
Run MultiBeast to install required kexts and boot loader.

This method worked. Thank you. Just sorting out small issues now, like audio and monitor connectivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back