Contribute
Register

Trackpad Doesn't Work While Using Keyboard (HS 10.13.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should contact the author of ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext.
I will not support it as it is closed-source and violates the APSL.
No -- I'm saying my mouse spazzes and I can only right click with two fingers when I use the VoodooPS2Controller.kext method. The only reason I added the ApplePS2SmartTouchPad was to fix these two issues, but the keyboard/typing issue arises which is worse.

So, to clarify: is there anyway to make it so the PS2VoodooController.kext fix doesn't cause cursor spazzing (mainly when I click), and won't use the two finger right-click method?

No -- I'm saying my mouse spazzes and I can only right click with two fingers when I use the VoodooPS2Controller.kext method.

VoodooPS2Controller.kext has nothing to do with your mouse... it controls only the PS2 keyboard and trackpad.
And my VoodooPS2Controller.kext has only trackpad support for Synaptics (primarily).

The only reason I added the ApplePS2SmartTouchPad was to fix these two issues, but the keyboard/typing issue arises which is worse.

You should contact the author.

So, to clarify: is there anyway to make it so the PS2VoodooController.kext fix doesn't cause cursor spazzing (mainly when I click), and won't use the two finger right-click method?

Source code is available. You could add support for your trackpad if you have C++/kext development skills.

VoodooPS2Controller.kext has nothing to do with your mouse... it controls only the PS2 keyboard and trackpad.
And my VoodooPS2Controller.kext has only trackpad support for Synaptics (primarily).

You should contact the author.

Source code is available. You could add support for your trackpad if you have C++/kext development skills.
He does have a Synaptics touchpad (Dell Inspiron). That's why he was confused about the right click on the trackpad not working.

As far as adding support, is there any resources that you would suggest looking at in order to add support?

He does have a Synaptics touchpad (Dell Inspiron). That's why he was confused about the right click on the trackpad not working.

No problem reporting files ever attached that show just VoodooPS2Controller.kext installed.

As far as adding support, is there any resources that you would suggest looking at in order to add support?

I have no plans to add support for other than Synaptics as all my laptops have Synaptics.
If I were to acquire a laptop with a different trackpad, I would likely write a kext for it... (adding to my VoodooPS2Controller project).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back