Contribute
Register

TP-Link Archer T6E & Big Sur

Status
Not open for further replies.
the guide I linked you should help

remove your current usb kext and start over
So I have started to take the guide from step 1, but now I'm here:

"For OpenCore - copy USBInjectAll.kext into OC/Kexts - AND - add a new kext section to your config.plist. If you are an early adopter of OpenCore you will know that you have to declare each kext with the path to it's executable etc. (See screengrab below)."

But there is not screengrab below to tell me how to add a new kext section to my config.plist
I have installed ProperTree and open config.plist, but I'm lost here.

So I have started to take the guide from step 1, but now I'm here:

"For OpenCore - copy USBInjectAll.kext into OC/Kexts - AND - add a new kext section to your config.plist. If you are an early adopter of OpenCore you will know that you have to declare each kext with the path to it's executable etc. (See screengrab below)."

But there is not screengrab below to tell me how to add a new kext section to my config.plist
I have installed ProperTree and open config.plist, but I'm lost here.
also this guide is for Catalina as XhciPortLimit doesn't work on later versions of macOS

you just add in the kext like you have done with you rother kexts in your config.plist

also this guide is for Catalina as XhciPortLimit doesn't work on later versions of macOS

you just add in the kext like you have done with you rother kexts in your config.plist

1. So all I have to do, is to copy USBInjectAll.kext into OC/Kexts ? Just skip adding it to config.plist?
2. When I added kexts in the past, I just copied them to EFI/OC/Kexts/ and that was all.
3. I don't have to do the steps for Port_limit Removal Patch ?

1. So all I have to do, is to copy USBInjectAll.kext into OC/Kexts ? Just skip adding it to config.plist?
2. When I added kexts in the past, I just copied them to EFI/OC/Kexts/ and that was all.
3. I don't have to do the steps for Port_limit Removal Patch ?
1. you need to add the kext in your config.plist
2. still need to add the kext in your config.plist
3. yes you need to enable XhciPortLimit

the guide I linked you should help

remove your current usb kext and start over
I deleted USBMap.kext from the EFI partition, but after restart, I got this error.
I had to plug my installer USB to boot back to Big Sur and put back the kext. I guess I wasn't supposed to delete that file?

I managed to add the USBInjectAll.kext to EFI folder and with ProperTree to the config.plist file (by using the OC Snapshot function) and now I moved to enabling XHCIPortLimit in OpenCoreConfigurator, but was already enabled.

What should I do now? Proceed with the next steps from setting up the USB ports with the USBMap.kext in the Kexts folder?

From what I understand, having Big Sur, to enable XHCIPortLimit, all I have to do is to tick the box inside OpenCoreConfigurator?

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG-7183.jpg
    IMG-7183.jpg
    663.4 KB · Views: 18
From what I understand, having Big Sur, to enable XHCIPortLimit, all I have to do is to tick the box inside OpenCoreConfigurator?
no, you have to do the usb mapping using Catalina

no, you have to do the usb mapping using Catalina
I've finished the USB Port Configuration tutorial, but without the USBMap.kext when I restart the computer, I still get the error from my previous post. Do I have to put that kext back?

I have uploaded my EFI folder again, maybe you can please, tell me if all is good now?

I will also show you how Hackintool USB list looks now after configuration and how ProperTree shows my Kexts folder.

What could be wrong?

Thank you so much.

Attachments

• OpenCoreConfigurator.png
    OpenCoreConfigurator.png
    184.3 KB · Views: 14
  • OpenCoreConfigurator 2.png
    OpenCoreConfigurator 2.png
    223 KB · Views: 14
  • ProperTree.png
    ProperTree.png
    264 KB · Views: 18
  • Hackintool.png
    Hackintool.png
    180.9 KB · Views: 15
  • EFI.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 26
I've finished the USB Port Configuration tutorial, but without the USBMap.kext when I restart the computer, I still get the error from my previous post. Do I have to put that kext back?

I have uploaded my EFI folder again, maybe you can please, tell me if all is good now?

I will also show you how Hackintool USB list looks now after configuration and how ProperTree shows my Kexts folder.

What could be wrong?

Thank you so much.
you need to use Catalina to do the USB Port setup correctly

you need to use Catalina to do the USB Port setup correctly
Yes, that tutorial I followed, but I have OpenCore, so I used OpenCoreConfigurator, instead of CloverConfigurator, which looks a bit different.

It is safe to use CloverConfigurator?

Yes, that tutorial I followed, but I have OpenCore, so I used OpenCoreConfigurator, instead of CloverConfigurator, which looks a bit different.

It is safe to use CloverConfigurator?
have you read what I wrote? I have not mentioned anything about opencore or clover or the configurators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back