i5-4570
Graphics
GTX 650
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys.

I want to have AirDrop on my Hackintosh so I've read in a few places that the TP-Link Archer T6E wifi card should work out of the box.
So I went to buy one, which I think it's the v2, because it has a black logic board, not green (as stated on TP-Link website). Does anyone know if the v2 still has a Broadcom chipset?

I am running Big Sur 11.6.8 and I just can't make it work. I've tried to copy the AirportBrcmFixup.kext to EFI/OC/KEXTS/ but still with no luck.
I can toggle the Wifi on and off, in the Control Centre, but it will not see any networks.

If I look in System Report, under Network, I only have Bluetooth and Ethernet, no wifi.

Any idea of how to make this work, please?
Thanks.

Hey guys.

I want to have AirDrop on my Hackintosh so I've read in a few places that the TP-Link Archer T6E wifi card should work out of the box.
So I went to buy one, which I think it's the v2, because it has a black logic board, not green (as stated on TP-Link website). Does anyone know if the v2 still has a Broadcom chipset?

I am running Big Sur 11.6.8 and I just can't make it work. I've tried to copy the AirportBrcmFixup.kext to EFI/OC/KEXTS/ but still with no luck.
I can toggle the Wifi on and off, in the Control Centre, but it will not see any networks.

If I look in System Report, under Network, I only have Bluetooth and Ethernet, no wifi.

Any idea of how to make this work, please?
Thanks.
no need for nay kexts if it works "out of the box"

you do need to make sure you have done this correctly:

no need for nay kexts if it works "out of the box"

you do need to make sure you have done this correctly:

Thank you for your reply. Some people said it works out of the box for them, but some had some issues.
Is there a connection between USB's and PCIex slots? My USB's seem to work fine.

Thank you for your reply. Some people said it works out of the box for them, but some had some issues.
Is there a connection between USB's and PCIex slots? My USB's seem to work fine.
the USB setup is a must for any circumstances with hackintosh nowadays

the USB setup is a must for any circumstances with hackintosh nowadays
I've had a look at the tutorial you sent me and I remember doing these steps when I first installed Big Sur, that's why I believe my USB ports are working ok, as I didn't encountered issues with them.

Any other way I can check if there are issues I don't know about, or what road should I take to make this wifi card work?

Thanks.

I've had a look at the tutorial you sent me and I remember doing these steps when I first installed Big Sur, that's why I believe my USB ports are working ok, as I didn't encountered issues with them.

Any other way I can check if there are issues I don't know about, or what road should I take to make this wifi card work?

Thanks.
post a pic of hackintool -> USB section

also upload your EFI so someone can take a look

post a pic of hackintool -> USB section

also upload your EFI so someone can take a look
Here it is, hope these informations are good, if now, I will post what's needed.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-27 at 13.37.21.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-27 at 13.37.21.png
    223.9 KB · Views: 57
  • EFI.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 57
Here it is, hope these informations are good, if now, I will post what's needed.

XhciPortLimit is supposed to be disabled after you have setup your ports, however, there are some issues, the guide mentions to have 15 ports only, you have 2 random HS ports set to internal but not mentioning in your image what they are

your config.plist says you are using iMac15,1 but your USBMap.kext (info.plist) says both iMac14,4 and iMac15,1 for some reason you have 2 separate sections.... all set to USB 3

XhciPortLimit is supposed to be disabled after you have setup your ports, however, there are some issues, the guide mentions to have 15 ports only, you have 2 random HS ports set to internal but not mentioning in your image what they are

your config.plist says you are using iMac15,1 but your USBMap.kext (info.plist) says both iMac14,4 and iMac15,1 for some reason you have 2 separate sections.... all set to USB 3
Could you please, help me with the modifications I have to make, in order to have everything in place?

Could you please, help me with the modifications I have to make, in order to have everything in place?
the guide I linked you should help

remove your current usb kext and start over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back