Contribute
Register

Touchpad works properly on and off. Erratic movements!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Laptop Asus N56JR
CPU
i7 4700HQ
Graphics
Intel HD4600 and Nvidia Gtx 760M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Without VodooPS2Controller I get nothing from both onboard keyboard and touchpad. The USB Mouse works though. When I use VodooPS2Controller I get the keyboard functioning properly but the touchpad works properly on and off. When it's working fine I have no issue at all but when it's not the cursor is all over the place with clicks & right clicks & click and hold & fast sudden movement all over the screen.

And after a while the touchpad works properly again.

[video=youtube;UuAYowiJJX4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuAYowiJJX4[/video]

What should I do?

Note: for the moment I tried removing from S/L/E the AppleHIDMouse.kext but it did not help.

Without VodooPS2Controller I get nothing from both onboard keyboard and touchpad. The USB Mouse works though. When I use VodooPS2Controller I get the keyboard functioning properly but the touchpad works properly on and off. When it's working fine I have no issue at all but when it's not the cursor is all over the place with clicks & right clicks & click and hold & fast sudden movement all over the screen.

And after a while the touchpad works properly again.

[video=youtube;UuAYowiJJX4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuAYowiJJX4[/video]

What should I do?

Note: for the moment I tried removing from S/L/E the AppleHIDMouse.kext but it did not help.

Install appropriate PS2 drivers for your trackpad (VoodooPS2Controller.kext is primarily for Synaptics).

Your computer probably has ELAN, but you should find out for certain.

It's not Synaptics. In Windows Sys Info it says it's just Asus Touchpad. Would this be ELAN?

Thank you all. Touchpad is working properly now with the driver provided from that link. One more item checked off the list.

After some testing I found out that the touchpad is not working as it should. No more erratic movements and touchpad buttons work but gestures won't work, touch click not working too and the cursor speed must be set to max for a normal cursor movement. Any ideea what can I do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back