6GIGS
750 hard drive
Came installed with Windows 8.1
UEIF

So here is what I did
1. Went into Windows
2. Shrunk the partition and made another 350gig one
3. Formatted it with NTFS
4. Created the iboot (ivy, normal, legacy)
5. Changed BIOS to AHCI, CD Boot first, turned off secure boot
6. after rebooting iBoot does in fact see all the partitions

Problem is: as soon as I replace the DVD and hit F5 I get the EBIOS read errors and then it freezes.
Sometimes it gives me 2 errors, sometimes zero, sometimes 4-10

I am wondering. Did I need to somehow reformat my drive (taking windows 8.1 off?) in non UEIF mode?

I am about to do that, but couldn't find any other thoughts on why I get the errors. I did see loads of people get errors, but I disabled / set things, based on any suggestions I saw and to no avail.

I am hoping that it's merely me having to change to AHCI and reformatting the drive.

I'll update if I get this working, but hoped if anyone else had this issue / system

Thanks!!
-Michael

Hello,

I have a retail copy of Snow Leopard 10.6.3

New Toshiba Satellite C55-A5100
6GIGS
750 hard drive
Came installed with Windows 8.1
UEIF

So here is what I did
1. Went into Windows
2. Shrunk the partition and made another 350gig one
3. Formatted it with NTFS
4. Created the iboot (ivy, normal, legacy)
5. Changed BIOS to AHCI, CD Boot first, turned off secure boot
6. after rebooting iBoot does in fact see all the partitions

Problem is: as soon as I replace the DVD and hit F5 I get the EBIOS read errors and then it freezes.
Sometimes it gives me 2 errors, sometimes zero, sometimes 4-10

I am wondering. Did I need to somehow reformat my drive (taking windows 8.1 off?) in non UEIF mode?

I am about to do that, but couldn't find any other thoughts on why I get the errors. I did see loads of people get errors, but I disabled / set things, based on any suggestions I saw and to no avail.

I am hoping that it's merely me having to change to AHCI and reformatting the drive.

I'll update if I get this working, but hoped if anyone else had this issue / system

Thanks!!
-Michael

Is there a reason you're attempting to install Snow Leopard on this computer? You realize that SL does not support Ivy/HD4000, right?

Thanks Rehab,

Doh, that would bloody well explain a lot.

I was just reading in the fact area too. Gah, I honestly got a little confused as I read so many folks with that video and trying.

I guess I'll have to figure out how to get one of the other versions, assuming one of the other ones (like Maverick) would work.

I had originally though to install it, then upgrade to .8 then go to Maverick.

Rehab,

If I were to buy a higher level version (versus trying to download maverick), do you think I'd have a better chance?

I did see a post about asking a friend for creating a UniBeast, but I just moved here and have no one I know, so not sure, other than buying from the Apple Store (if possible), how to get a later DVD.

Thanks again for your time Rehab

Cheers,
-Michael

Thanks Rehab,

Doh, that would bloody well explain a lot.

I was just reading in the fact area too. Gah, I honestly got a little confused as I read so many folks with that video and trying.

I guess I'll have to figure out how to get one of the other versions, assuming one of the other ones (like Maverick) would work.

I had originally though to install it, then upgrade to .8 then go to Maverick.

Rehab,

If I were to buy a higher level version (versus trying to download maverick), do you think I'd have a better chance?

I did see a post about asking a friend for creating a UniBeast, but I just moved here and have no one I know, so not sure, other than buying from the Apple Store (if possible), how to get a later DVD.

Thanks again for your time Rehab

Cheers,
-Michael

The only hard media you can purchase is SL 10.6.3, or a used USB with Lion. ML/Mavericks are online only via Mac App Store.

Best to just borrow a Mac from someone (friend/family) for an afternoon to download Mavericks and make your Unibeast USB.

Rehab,

Thank you for your time. It is really appreciated.

I think I have a potential solution, of which I will then write up my other attempt.

I have a Compaq 8510w and bingo with legacy iBoot it installed Snow Leopard. So now I am going to try and upgrade that, use that to do what you say I need too.

It's a total POS so I can't use it long term. I'm lucky it stays on (fan is dead so it overheats). I have a super cooler underneath it lol.

I was amazed, all I did was use iBoot legacy and nothing else... it just worked. Wow I wish my new one was that easy.

Will post back (in the compat section) once I get them both going.

Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back