Graphics
nvidia M450
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm trying to install osx mountain lion to the laptop specified in the title. I'm not entirely sure how to tell what kind of motherboard is in there. I've used CPU-Z to identify a couple of things, but I'm not entirely sure what info I need. this is the first time I've ventured into anything Mac let alone a hackintosh. I'd like to know if it's possible to get mountain lion running on this setup. I've tried making a bootable USB, but every time I try to boot from the flash drive BIOS will say boot failed. I've tried unibeast/multibeast and a couple other methods, but always the same result.

tl-dr: can I get mountain lion running on this laptop and if I can, how would I go about this? thank you very much from a noob.

also, if I've posted this in the wrong place, I apologize. please let me know and I'll try to move it to the correct forum.

I have a Toshiba Satellite L875-S7110 17" Intel® Core™ i3-3110M Processor, Mobile Intel® HM76 Express Chipset (HD4000) with Window 8, purchased in January, and it does the same thing. It won't boot off of a UniBeast, MultiBeast or Chimera USB. I've tried Puppy Linux also on USB. I have a known good UniBeast, another laptop will boot from it. I've tried changing the boot order with CD first, USB first. I get the error [Media Failed] every time. I'm going to be calling Toshiba to see if there is anything that I'm missing.

Toivola, if and when you get a hold of Toshiba, please let me know what they say because I'm really curious about this. It's not like I can't boot from usb media at all, because I've installed Ubuntu 12.10 through similar usb methods. I hope they give you good news, although I know Toshibas track record for good news. Good luck!

Sorry for the delay in responding.

It did not come preinstalled with windows 8. Originally it had windows 7, and I upgraded it to 8. I have a new SSD that I put in it which never had anything on it until I installed windows 8.

I there,

any news

my toshiba has bios = to jarredpickles87. it enters in the grey screen with apple logo and then it turns black.....

You're lucky joaono, I can't even get that. My computer just outright refuses to boot from the USB no matter what I do. Maybe I'm creating the bootable USB wrong, I'm not sure. I followed the instructions to the T on a few different sites. Not mashed up either, I tried it several times all with very slightly different methods. I don't remember what I did exactly, I took a break from it because it was frustrating me. Perhaps I shall give it another go at some point soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back