Contribute
Register

toshiba satellite A500 1F4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replace (It will update the old file)

thank you for reply
i try both frist with leave alone it make kb put if reboot from ibootcd type -x after that run multibeast 1.1.0 this option i- unsupported cpu ii- system utilities iii- JMicronx36ATA
when i replace there is no kb and i run multibeast follow same above option

hey there ,,
I got the same laptop the Toshiba A500 - 1f4 and tried to install the Snow leopard 10.6.3 retail DVD and used the multibeast 2.3.0 that is out now

but i couldn't get it to boot from the HD is till use the ibootCD (Empire EFI)

and the processor is still unknown

and the graphics is not read right the nvram and no QE or anything even the resolution in not the right one..

what are the kexts needed for this toshiba and how can i get it to boot from my HD directly

Has there been any new revelations on getting the microphone working on the R780? I need to get that autotune working on garage band

as your this post:
Hey Everyone Thnx in Advance but I'am literally desperate

anyway my Laptop is the Satellite A500 -1F4
Core i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27GHz
and an Nvidia Graphics Card GT 330M

and BIOS ver. of 1.20

I tried to follow this guide here viewtopic.php?f=34&t=900&start=30

but I reached but with SL 10.6.3 Retail DVD it works fine and Installs

then when i used the multiBeast ver.2.3.0 I got my sound working track pad
BUT I couldn't till now boot from the Hard drive I must boot from the IBoot CD + I can't get the processor to be known ... (it is written unknown in the about this Mac)

and no native resolution neither a known nvram

Please help I need to get it work especially the Graphics card
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
you cannot boot from hd because easybeast not contain JMicronx36ATA which important for booting from our ATA harddisk laptop from multibeast >advance option> kexts>disk
>JMicron36x>JMicronx36ATA
install JMicronx36ATA and run sytem utilities
for graphics goto macHD>extra>com.apple.Boot add following:
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
i hope help you wait for response

I tried it fatih but nothing happend i already tried it b4 and now again ... something is preventing the laptop to start to boot from the HD it give me the boot failed bios message.

I'am lost may be it is something about the multibeast version i tried different versions the old one which is 1.0.1 i think and the current version 2.3.0

please fatih provide me with each step with the exact version and choices and order to use them and install them

thanks alot fatih anyway i'am running the old bios ver. 1.2 but i disabled the esata as u stated in ur previour guide ... does it have any relation???? and don't forget I'am installinf from the Snow leopard retail DVD ver. 10.6.3

hi
frist thing i use retail dvd 10.6.0 . I don't try 10.6.3
second update your bios as you said it is 1.2 put now 1.9 and try use 10.6.0 dvd
follow same posted procedure now iam running 10.6.4 with every thing work 64bit ,bluetooth , graphic QC ,Ethernet , wifi...etc
@@@this empire efi for 10.6.3 no need to busratio -v
http://www.mediafire.com/?yimizgizuzz
hope help don't frustrated i got it running after one month

Satellite A500-01X
Intel® Core™ i5-430M processor 2.26GHz, 16.0†HD LED, NVIDIA GeForce® GT 330M 1GB VRAM, 4GB DDR3, 640GB HDD S-ATA, DVD Super-Multi Double Layer, 1Gbps LAN, Realtek Wireless 802.11 bgn, Integrated Web Camera, HDMI-CEC
I followed up the steps and installed mac os 10.6.0 as my mac os x retail dvd with -v -x mode to update it with combo update 10.6.4
the problem is while i'm updating with 10.6.4 with multibeast 2.3.0 window open i get this panic (Picture below) or whatever u called in mac before 1 minute from finish with freez all that i do is "hold down the power button until the pc turns off" and when my system boot again with Iboot Supported Cd with -v -x mode it auto restart and then stacked (picture below) even i try to install multibeast before the update with no luck
i also tried th Iboot Nvidia before and after install mac os x with no booting at all just restart everytime
please i need some experts help
thanks in advance and thanks for tony for his awesome tutorials
Extra: please after this geting work can u provide me with which kext i have to install cause i'm not familiar with this to get my wireless, bluetooth, sound, vga etc... getting work .
20101021_005.jpg

Attachments

• 20101021_005.jpg
    20101021_005.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 141
  • 20101022_003.jpg
    20101022_003.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 121
dekozi
1. boot off of EmipieEFI cd
2. Intsall Mac OSX (using an original Snow Leopard 10.6 DVD)
3. Updating to 10.6.1
4. Updating to 10.6.2 Combo Update
5. Installing FakeSMC.kext
6. Installing Multibeast (Latest one, not sure which version it is. I think it's 2.x)
along with the other kexts that are mentioned by Faith75 such as JMicron, etc...
7. Updating to 10.6.3
this is not my procedure i use if you have same laptop and retail 10.6 dvd read post and follow it will work
Idont update to 10.6.1 ,I update directly to 10.6.2
no need busratio=17 after update to 10.6.3

atmosphere
better update to 10.6.2 when you run it smooth update directly to 10.6.4 without running multibeast restart if sound or any thing not work now you can run multibeast

fatih75 said:
dekozi
1. boot off of EmipieEFI cd
2. Intsall Mac OSX (using an original Snow Leopard 10.6 DVD)
3. Updating to 10.6.1
4. Updating to 10.6.2 Combo Update
5. Installing FakeSMC.kext
6. Installing Multibeast (Latest one, not sure which version it is. I think it's 2.x)
along with the other kexts that are mentioned by Faith75 such as JMicron, etc...
7. Updating to 10.6.3
this is not my procedure i use if you have same laptop and retail 10.6 dvd read post and follow it will work
Idont update to 10.6.1 ,I update directly to 10.6.2
no need busratio=17 after update to 10.6.3

atmosphere
better update to 10.6.2 when you run it smooth update directly to 10.6.4 without running multibeast restart if sound or any thing not work now you can run multibeast
thanks faith75 for your respond
just give me step by step
you mean that after i install my retail dvd 10.6.0 update to 10.6.2 and then to 10.6.4
and then i'll not get this panic while updating
and plz help me with which kext i have to choose
thanks dude very much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back