Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
For Clover config for GA-Z87MX-D3H take a look at http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/145483-ga-z87mx-d3h-n760-itx-yosemite-clover.html
I also had problem with HD4600 but got it working when a changed a Fake ID for IntelGFX in the Devices section of Clover Configurator - see attached screendump.
Skærmbillede 2014-10-25 kl. 11.19.40.png

Thank you. I found an earlier thread about clover and HD 4600 and that's what it was - changing FakeID to 0x0. Also setting SMBIOS to iMac 14,1. I still have an odd glitch just as it switches from boot screen to login screen, but otherwise QE/CI are good.

I have a question about AppleInteE1000. As per Clover Guide thread, I put it into /EFI/EFI/COVER/kexts/10.10. Right after clean install it was loading just fine. Then I restored time machine backup of my Maverics users and it stopped loading. The system things there is no ethernet devices. Has anyone encountered this before? Is this kext supposed to go somewhere else or do I need "inject kexts" in System Parameters?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-25 at 12.21.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-25 at 12.21.48 PM.png
    212.1 KB · Views: 143
Correct. :thumbup:

See tonymacx86's http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-os-x-yosemite-using-unibeast-multibeast.html if you are going to install Yosemite on top of your Mavericks installation. BE SURE TO BACKUP YOUR MAVERICKS INSTALLATION! :thumbup:

Dear Stork,

I could see that you have GA-Z87MX-D3H motherboard based configuration. I have the same motherboard and have followed the steps in the above mentioned guide and managed to install it.
My full configuration is i5 4670K, Intel HD 4600, Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, Kingston HyperX Beast 16 GB 2400 MHz, Terratec AUREON 7.1 USB Audio (works OOB without any additional efforts).
I used the guide in the first post of this thread (by tonymac86) before, when I had Mavericks and it worked flawlessly.

May I please ask you to share your .mb configuration file with us, so anyone with the same board could use. By far I found this to be the easiest way to load the correct settings and am pretty sure that it will be greatly appreciated by all the people with the same board configuration.

Thank you.

...May I please ask you to share your .mb configuration file with us, so anyone with the same board could use. By far I found this to be the easiest way to load the correct settings and am pretty sure that it will be greatly appreciated by all the people with the same board configuration.

Thank you.
Unfortunately, I chose the wrong time of the year to travel to fun places for the past couple of weeks. Consequently, I have not tested the full release version of Yosemite, yet. If you are installing over Mavericks to keep your apps and settings, then follow my link to tonymacx86's Mavericks to Yosemite upgrade. If you are going to do a fresh install, then you can your Mavericks .mb file, but update to the latest drivers/kexts if MultiBeast doesn't do it for you automatically; IIRC, you'll have to update your TRIM patch if you use an SSD.

Upon returning from my travels, I will create a Yosemite test installation and report the results. Be advised, I can only recommend upgrading to Yosemite if 1) it's a hobby or 2) you can't live without the iOS 8 iDevice integration. I don't use a new version of OS X until updates .3 or .4 are published for my production installation so as to make sure all the major bugs and security problems are fixed. :thumbup:

Thank you very much for your reply and advice, Stork.

I hope you have nice time on your holiday, there's never a wrong time in the year to have one!
I am (and probably others as well) looking forward to your reply, when you have the time.

Kind Regards

I realize that it is my choice, I was just asking for some advice or opinions from people who have done either of these builds as to the performance and stability. Thanks.

If you are going to start a new project I´d take the newest mb possible, and if tonymac is recommending that one, why not to choose it. Said this, I could affirm that this "golden build" (Z87mx-d3h, i7 4770k...) is even more stable with Yosemite. I made a fresh install of the last OS and now the hackintosh is smooth and working completely out of freezings or hangouts (previously with mavericks I had a few) and everything works: sound, stability, speed (I overclocked a little up to 4´1ghz), memory access...just perfect. I´m very happy with the computer right now.

Captura de pantalla 2014-10-29 a las 10.55.30.png
Captura de pantalla 2014-10-29 a las 14.55.31.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back