Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did nothing other than run MultiBeast with the ACL892 options (following the Tonymac guide).
Do you think it'll work if I run MultiBeast 6 with the older kexts and install ALC892 & HDAEnabler? (Are kexts OS specific?) Or is this too dumb of a question...

Thanks,
HTM

I installed Yosemite yesterday using the 892 kext in multibeast, sound didn't work until I went into the sound prefs in system preferences and changed he output device. It's working now. Give it a go and see before you start installing old kexts from legacy versions of MultiBeast.

I installed Yosemite yesterday using the 892 kext in multibeast, sound didn't work until I went into the sound prefs in system preferences and changed he output device. It's working now. Give it a go and see before you start installing old kexts from legacy versions of MultiBeast.
I tried but I don't have any visible output devices - What is wrong with my computer...? So anyway are kexts OS specific?

*Edit: I now have everything working - so far (<24 hours, but, hey, you have to start from somewhere) no freezes and sound was just my computer acting up every time so I reinstalled fresh but used Migration Assistant from UniBeast setup. Thanks for the help with the RAM - I removed two sticks because Clover wasn't working for me. If this helps anyone with Clover trouble, to remove Clover it was simplest for me to open UniBeast's Terminal, enter
Code:
defaults write com.apple.DiskUtility DUDebugMenuEnabled 1
then open Disk Utility's new Debug menu, show all partitions and delete it.

Thanks,
HTM

Last edited:
Well, now there are no more problems with my hackintosh. Life is kind of boring... :lol:
Here is a little guide that I made for others and didn't even know worked.

If you are looking to do a Yosemite fresh install:
1) UniBeast
2) Download MultiBeast 7.0.1 (as of post)
3) Load the attached file named "YosemiteFreshInstall.mb"

If you are looking to update to Yosemite from Mavericks 10.9.5:
1) http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...7mx-d3h-i7-4770k-hd-4600-a-80.html#post891799

*Edit: Sorry for double-posting a file on accident... The file attached here named "YosemiteUpdate" is the same as the file in this post - if an Admin happens to see this please delete it. Thanks!

Have fun,
HTM

Attachments

• YosemiteFreshInstall.mb
    4.6 KB · Views: 153
  • YosemiteUpdate.mb
    1.5 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Well, now there are no more problems with my hackintosh. Life is kind of boring... :lol:
Here is a little guide that I made for others and didn't even know worked.

If you are looking to do a Yosemite fresh install:
1) UniBeast
2) Download MultiBeast 7.0.1 (as of post)
3) Load the attached file named "YosemiteFreshInstall.mb"

If you are looking to update to Yosemite from Mavericks 10.9.5:
1) http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...7mx-d3h-i7-4770k-hd-4600-a-80.html#post891799

*Edit: Sorry for double-posting a file on accident... The file attached here named "YosemiteUpdate" is the same as the file in this post - if an Admin happens to see this please delete it. Thanks!

Have fun,
HTM

After my lest install got messed up I used the above "YosemiteFreshInstall.mb" setting file to redo my Yosemite install. Seems I'd selected the Generic USB 3 kext and thats what was causing my KP's!:crazy::crazy:

Thought I did one alteration to this in that I used the Fake SMC Plugins extension as I plan on using iStat to monitor my various voyages, fan speeds and whatnot.

If anything changes I'll be sure to update people so that hopefully others can learn from my mistakes if I make any! :geek:

- sometimes USB isn't working at all : no keyboard, mouse or webcam...

I found that this USB problem only occurs when I'm using USB extension cables.
I tried several ones and it seems to be the cause of my USB problems.

Anyone experienced this ?

After my lest install got messed up I used the above "YosemiteFreshInstall.mb" setting file to redo my Yosemite install. Seems I'd selected the Generic USB 3 kext and thats what was causing my KP's!:crazy::crazy:

Thought I did one alteration to this in that I used the Fake SMC Plugins extension as I plan on using iStat to monitor my various voyages, fan speeds and whatnot.

If anything changes I'll be sure to update people so that hopefully others can learn from my mistakes if I make any! :geek:
Glad it worked! :thumbup:
I found that this USB problem only occurs when I'm using USB extension cables.
I tried several ones and it seems to be the cause of my USB problems.
Anyone experienced this ?
I haven't experienced this, but what type of port is the extension cable connected to? USB 2 or 3?

-HTM

Glad it worked! :thumbup:

I haven't experienced this, but what type of port is the extension cable connected to? USB 2 or 3?

-HTM

USB 3.

Why do you ask ?

I'm not certain it was the Generic USB 3.0 kext, or maybe something in the GB UEFI BIOS settings that was wonky.

But now comes the fun process of downloading gigabyte after gigabyte of apps lol!

Thanks again to this thread! I had a series of unfortunate mistakes installing, all because I couldn't read instructions properly. (Note to self - late night decisions to install system upgrades are a bad idea. Read twice, install once.)

Eventually with all the right Unibeast bits added properly, all is working excellently and stable. Great resource here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back