Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I built my first hackintosh by following the Buyer's Guide September 2013 (the mATX's configuration without graphic card) then installed Snow Leopard (because I have the retail DVD) with iBoot+Multibeast. The installation worked but I face up two issues :

1- My computer can't boot on the HD without loading the iBoot's CD
2- The ethernet doesn't appear on the network's configuration (although I installed what seems to be the good network's kext for my motherboard, AppleIntelE1000e.kext, with multibeast for Snow Leopard 3.10.1)

After reading this thread, I would like to know if i MUST install Mountain Lion on my Haswell System.

Thank you by advance,

I put my system together today and it's working great. Took me a few tries to get everything right but it's now working. It's so nice to have a quiet, powerful PC. Thanks for the great site!

Hi all,

I built my first hackintosh by following the Buyer's Guide September 2013 (the mATX's configuration without graphic card) then installed Snow Leopard (because I have the retail DVD) with iBoot+Multibeast. The installation worked but I face up two issues :

1- My computer can't boot on the HD without loading the iBoot's CD
2- The ethernet doesn't appear on the network's configuration (although I installed what seems to be the good network's kext for my motherboard, AppleIntelE1000e.kext, with multibeast for Snow Leopard 3.10.1)

After reading this thread, I would like to know if i MUST install Mountain Lion on my Haswell System.

Thank you by advance,

Yes you will need to update and run Mountain Lion on your system. iBoot Haswell is for getting you to the Mac App Store so that you can get ML. There is no support in SL for your hardware.

Yes you will need to update and run Mountain Lion on your system. iBoot Haswell is for getting you to the Mac App Store so that you can get ML. There is no support in SL for your hardware.

Ok, thank you for your quick answer.

I've been planning this very build, but now that I've read this thread all the way through, I'm now wondering...

Will I be able to drive my 24inch Apple LED Cinema Display @ it's native resolution via displayport?

I have connected my LG @ 2560 x 1440 60 Hz via Displayport and all is good so far.

Experiencing system freezes quite randomly on the z87, F6 bios, GTX 650Ti Boost. thinking of reinstalling, I am getting a very messy console dump - all kinds of spam going on in there. mostly around core audio ? not too sure what the issue is...

Thank you for this thread. It really helped me out to get my first Hackintosh running (details on hardware specs on signature)

I get through the installation with no problem, second boot goes smooth too (with -x)
After running MultiBeast (settings attached) I can't boot normally. I get stuck on this screen (attached)

Anybody with a similar problem?

Thanks everybody in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0710.jpg
    IMG_0710.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 426
  • Screen Shot 2013-10-13 at 11.24.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-13 at 11.24.02 PM.png
    190.9 KB · Views: 377
Experiencing system freezes quite randomly on the z87, F6 bios, GTX 650Ti Boost. thinking of reinstalling, I am getting a very messy console dump - all kinds of spam going on in there. mostly around core audio ? not too sure what the issue is...

I also I have radomly freezes. I'm a little desperate. I recently changed the motherboard Z77-DS3H with i7-3770k (10.8.4 without problems) to a Z87X-D3H with i7-4770k. I tested with 10.8.5 and 10.9 GM. In both cases with the same random hang. I'm suspecting FakeSMC(5.3.891) or Bluetooth(dongle usb 2.1 broadcom). I'm using MAC SMBios 3.1.

You've come up with a solution?

I also I have radomly freezes. I'm a little desperate. I recently changed the motherboard Z77-DS3H with i7-3770k (10.8.4 without problems) to a Z87X-D3H with i7-4770k. I tested with 10.8.5 and 10.9 GM. In both cases with the same random hang. I'm suspecting FakeSMC(5.3.891) or Bluetooth(dongle usb 2.1 broadcom). I'm using MAC SMBios 3.1.

You've come up with a solution?

I don't have Bluetooth but I get a hang on that area too. On the image attached there is something else though.

I'm looking for a solution, I'll post if I get anything fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back