HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
NVIDIA released new universal drivers for 10.6.8 through their site- I've linked them as well from the downloads page. Therefore all GeForce 4xx Fermi users should use these new drivers.

Official NVIDIA Quadro 4000 for Mac Drivers
The latest official NVIDIA Drivers for Quadro and for "Fermi" GeForce 4xx Graphics Cards. Recommended for Snow Leopard 10.6.8, and replacement for tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-mac ... river.html

CUDA Version 4.0.17
http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-cud ... river.html

Make sure your System Definition is MacPro3,1 MacPro4,1 or MacPro3,1 or the update will not install. :thumbup:

Thanks TonyMac!! :thumbup:

tony cuda 4.0.17 not works? or problems??

thanks

I'm guessing I shouldn't be moving my GTX 580 into my hackintosh any time soon?

The new Drivers off the NVidia site don't seem to work if you use an EFI String to enable your card. I choose the EFI String over NVEnabler because I get much better performance while playing World of Warcraft and running Cinebench.

When I upgraded to 10.6.8 and used the EFI String w/ the new drivers, I would only get a black screen even though the system was up and running. W/ Graphicsenable = Yes and NVEnabler loaded, everything was fine with the exception of the performance woes. I Manually loaded the drivers from the nvidia site that were released in March, and everything seems to be running great, I can once again use my EFI string, Wow and Cinebench has returned to normal.

Hello everybody !

I have a
- Asus GTX 470
- Asus P7P55D-LE
- i5 Intel
- (Graphics Enabler = Yes / MacPro 3.1 / VoodooHDA / Nvidia Update 2)

and I would like to update to 10.6.8 with new nVidia drivers.
After 10.6.8 update do I need to install Official NVIDIA Quadro 4000 for Mac Drivers OR CUDA Version 4.0.17 OR both ?

Thank You

@++

RiZnO

Due to popular demand, I've added tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update back to the downloads section, along with a few other of our old friends ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back