Contribute
Register

tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update Retired - NVIDIA Official Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a gts 450 oc by kfa2 and have tried for weeks to get this card working. does this mean that with these new drivers my card will be supported now?? and do i have to use any enablers or anything or is it just a matter of running the new drivers afyter the latest update.

looking for a driver for Nvidia 9800 GX2 for 10.6.7

Thanks
Raptor12

To which two kexts are you referring, and can you make them available please if they are not readily/easily available? Thanks!

MacWynn

xtraa said:
akosmaroy said:
I just added this to the com.apple.boot.plist file, but I get the same result: at 64 bit, the system hands at the PCI configuration message. it boots fine in 32 bit.

(I just edited the file, but didn't do anything else, like 'ignore cache' at boot, or rebuild caches, etc. - would there be any extra magic involved?)

ok, leave the bootflag edit to where it is and in addition, use these two kexts after backing up the originals and then don't forget to add -f in the com.apple.boot.plist to make sure the cache is flashed.

I installed Andys p8p67 pro package and have an iMac 12,2 identifier. i have a geforce gt 430 card and I cant install the new nvidia drivers because the installer says my comp is not supported. Do I install the mac pro system definition from multibeast, install the drivers, then install the iMac 12,2 again? Thanks!

I'll be using 3-way SLI GTX 580 on my hackintosh (mainly for gaming/gamedev in Windows, not really gonna be needing all that power in OS X), but I want to know how I might be able to get a GTX 580 working.

According to this:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8157&start=0
thread, GTX 580s are supported, but TonyMac's nVidia drivers are only for SNLeopard .6.6, not .6.8 .... does this mean I'll have to downgrade?

Tonymac says he's retired the drivers because nVidia updated theirs for mac, but there are NO drivers available from nVidia, for the GTX 580.

Help is appreciated!

(and yes, this is a repost from a thread I posted. I'm too impatient to wait. Spam? Possibly.)

I know the official drivers from NVIDIA are only for Apple branded NVIDIA cards and 4xx series Fermi. But does this driver even work for an ASUS brand GeForce GTX 260 ?
Seems like most of you guys have 4xx series cards. Maybe it is time to upgrade but my card still runs games well and I don't see a need to spend more money at this time with Ivy Bridge around the corner.

Tried the tonyx86 2.1.0 nvid update and cuda 4.0.1.9 with no change (580 is recognized memory and all but stuck at 1024x786 instead of 1920x1080), can I try the official nvid drivers on top of tonyx86 update or would that for sure hose my system ?

Hosed my system but had it back up and running in no time, might try just the official drivers but my guess is that the outcome will be the same.(at least now I know...ha ha )
Reinstalled while all my other drives were plugged in and with both vid cards in no problem(lazy).

The NVidia-Drivers are working great for my NVidia (Zotac) GT 440 (1024mb, ddr5), but i noticed a few issues:

- although the card has 1024mb vram, osx recognizes only 512mb.
- system animations like minimizing / maximizing windows or placing widgets in dashboard (with the liquid-effect) are jerking.
- flash videos (on youtube) are jerking when being played in normal (non-fullscreen) mode. in full screen mode, even 1080p plays smoothly.

i am using 10.6.8.

any ideas?

thanks!
tom_bb

[e] moving into the correct thread. disregard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back