ASUS ENGT240 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Mac OS X 10.8

Time Machine does not back up automatically. No problem with manual backup start. However hourly automatic backups fail. When clicked Time Machine says the backup has been postponed because my computer is overheated. But obviously it is not. HWMonitor indicates CPU cores are 26-30 degrees Celsius, HDD is 32, GPU is 29. The problem does not depend on the backup disk (tried Time Capsule, USB drive, Ethernet drive).

Need help. Any input is highly appreciated.

Happened the same to me.

Installed Mountain Lion and TimeMachine was working properly for month or so. Then suddenly, and with apparently no reason, TM automatic backups stopped working, and started showing the Message:

"Time Machine did not back up because the computer was in a poor thermal state."
(Well, I have a spanish install, so it really showed: "Time Machine no ha realizado la copia de seguridad porque el ordenador no se encuentra en condiciones térmicas apropiadas.")

It could be that my Northbridge temperature reading gives incorrect value (254ºC) after installed Mountain Lion, but it was incorrect since ML day one and back then Time Machine worked without problem.

Read in some Insane**** forum that it seems to be SSDT related. A user reports to have the problem solved by deleting SSDT.aml file.
I did nothing that could modify SSDT.aml accidentally so I prefer not to mess with it.

Found that Time Machine Editor could serve as a temporary solution and I am going to try it first.
http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/267...emachineeditor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back