Contribute
Register

Time Machine Backup and Recovery on a CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
can i use time machine on the same hdd where my main system is but on different partition.

I use clonezilla for my backups. It allows me to backup the two partitions of my SSD (osx and windows in two partitions in the same drive) at the same time. The restore phase restores the two partitions at the same time. Can ccc do that?

Hello,

first of, I'm sorry if it's already on here somewhere, I could find anything regarding my specific problem concerning the hackintosh and TimeMachine.

Situation: I'm heavily considering building a hackintosh, because I really love the idea and the flexibility about it. Already got a MacBook Pro I'm currently using and having a great system build up with. As far as I understand, once the hackintosh is set up, it is not possible to clone my already TimeMachine-backed-up OS to the hackintosh, because it'd mess up a LOT. Right? Is it possible to partially move files (personals, settings) afterwards?

That's actually very easy! Thanks for the guide

Very nice guide.

Interestingly, in current Yosemite build from App Store, "Restore from Time Machine" option is missing. So full restore from UniBeast flash drive is not possible. (not sure if it is there for normal macs)

Now trying to restore Yosemite Backup using Mavericks UniBeast.

Please tell me if it worked - i'm having the same problem.

i will also need to ask - now when my Hackintosh is up to date with Yosemite but i don't have any personal things on it (it is on my TM backup) can i just let it restore it from my backup and then boot up Yosemite with all my stuff on it?

___

EDIT: i found out that Apple's app called "Migration Assistant" could come useful to restore from a Time Machine..

now i just having a problem seeing my Time Machine.. AirPort Utility also didn't see it but i saw i yesterday..

I too have read it is some times not backing everything up you thing it is. I am still watching mine religiously.

I do want to say I had it running when I went from 10.7.5 to 10.8.0 to 10.8.1 in a day. I have a separate SSD OS X drive from my data and back ups. I think I must have restored five or six times when I got lost or stuck. It only took about six minutes to restore and I was back at it again with a fresh cup of coffee. It worked.

There is the personal information on the DATA drive and it is linked to OS X on the OS drive. What was interesting is each upgrade did not change anything on the DATA drive. This modularity make Time Machine a very effective tool during updates.

Any questions please PM me to get my attention,
Thanks,
==m==
Hey Mike_S,

I can't seem to figure out how to get the Command+R function to work once I go into Mac's gray boot screen. The progress bar appears almost immediately, and even if I do manage to hit Command+R beforehand, it doesn't seem to work. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

can I backup my customac high Sierra 10.13.2 with time machine and restore ?Should I via restore with flash bootloader ?
Should I format my Mac driver before restoring ?
When I format it my Mac driver, Clover clears , the Mac driver and does not install the bootloader
when I restored my Mac driver with time machine clover bootloader existing on my Mac drive ?
Do not crash Mac if I want to reinstall it first ؟

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back