RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
8878-288-NAB-2014-l.jpg
A few days ago, it was reported at NAB (National Association of Broadcasters) that Intel had unveiled 10-gigabit Ethernet Thunderbolt networking between two computers. It is already available in Macs running OS X Mavericks and will also be available on PCs via a driver, allowing data transfers between Macs and PCs via a Thunderbolt port for the first time

Thunderbolt technology up to now has seemed more prominent with Macs and this is certainly a great effort to bridge both platforms, allowing workflow diversity.

It should provide up to 10GbE between two computers as well as make large file data transfers a breeze. No word exactly when the PC driver update will be released.

You can read the official Intel blog post here: http://blogs.intel.com/technology/2014/04/intel-nab-2014-4k-video-drives-thunderbolt-2-everywhere/

I would be interested to learn if anyone is using a Thunderbolt cable and transferring files between two Intel hackintoshes via Mavericks. My knee jerk reaction is to go buy a $40 Apple cable and try this out. However I re-thought and I will wait until I have a need and live with my GigE file transfers for now.

Good modding,
neil

Now what I would really like is a Thunderbolt port on a Gigabit switch. To allow 10 clients as close to full 1GB speeds to a file server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back