Contribute
Register

Thunderbolt 3 (USB c) on Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
bgusto.jpg
I wish. :( I gave up...and I really don't like doing that.

hei bgusto, i make it it works, now the thunderbolt, says no driver, but my apollo twin works
272977-2785f59f49b948f450204cf5d521ab2f.jpg

r u still interested? well i have a different spect , but i think it migth help
mine is Asus maximus VIII extreme

Last edited:
so here's the condition,
- My spec: Asus Maximus VIII Extreme, i7 6700k, GTX 1080 Founder Edition, and ASUS Expansion Card for Z170 & X99 Motherboards ThunderboltEX 3 (latter)
- Bios 3401
- i'm running Dual boot windows 10 and mac os Sierra on separate SSD
- everything's in hackintosh work fine, until i want to use
Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII DUO
- i buy StarTech.com Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter – Backward Compatible – USB C to Mini DisplayPort – USB-C to Thunderbolt 2 to connect apollo twin mk 2 to asus thunderboltEX 3.
- i install the asus thunderbolt card to the very bottom pcie slot next to the TB header
- enable thunderbolt support in Bios (didn't boot to mac os yet)
- install the Asus thunderboltEX 3 driver, and apollo twin MK 2 latest software and driver in windows 10. (till it running in windows, i try with fruity loops music software)
- but then i try to load osx it stuck on circle with slash icon, when i disable thunderbolt support in bios, i was enable to load osx again
- so i install the latest apollo twin mk software and driver in osx (with disable thunderbolt support in bios),
- after installation, i boot to bios again and enable thunderbolt support again, still i cannot load osx, stuck in circle and slash icon.

The Problem was : when I enable Thunderbolt in BIOS, I am unable to boot Sierra

Solving: (im going to be very detail on what i do, hope moderator can eliminate any useless move)

- checking the bios setting, theres one thing i forgot to turn ON all this time i (Native OS Hot Plug)
- so heres my last Bios setting for thunderbolt:
273010-291fe111e90eeb53d09f13f4fcc210ac.jpg
IMG_1740.jpg
IMG_1741.jpg

- and it works, But only in this spesific order:
  1. Boot windows 10
  2. launch the apollo UAD software and the thunderbolt software
  3. turning windows off (reset)
  4. boot sierra (with the apollo twin still ON and Conected to the computer from the time i reset windows)
  5. it works, apollo twin works even system says no drivers are loaded
works.jpg
- so i cannot boot directly to sierra if i want to enable thunderbolt support in bios and use apollo twin in sierra
- if try to boot directly to sierra, i will stuck in circle and slash icon again.

Step 2:
i follow rehabman note in this thread,
- i open clover configurator in sierra
- Mount the Efi
mount efi.jpg
- klik the start screen
IMG_1745.jpg
-double klik the configplist
IMG_1746.jpg
and change:

1. using OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
step1.jpg
2. config.plist/RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig=0x67
step2.jpg
3. config.plist/Boot/Arguments includes slide=0
step3.jpg

then i save it and restart, and boot directly to sierra, it works, i was able to load sierra and the apollo UAD working too, But my nvidia web driver was fail.so the graphic was horible.

- So i restart again, at the clover menu in the begining, i klik spacebar on mac os sierra
IMG_1743.jpg
- and check on the (verbose), (disable KASLR), (use NVIDIA web driver)
IMG_1744.jpg
-then klik return, and boot sierra
and, succesful, everythings works fine so far, tried to restart a view times and still good.

Attachments

• IMG_1739.jpg
    IMG_1739.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 179
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back