Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z170 M5
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
980ti Hybrid
Hi, as you can see from my build signature, I have a MSI Z170A Gaming M5. I'm trying to get Thunderbolt working on it. I have installed the drivers on the PC side, but when I enable Thunderbolt in BIOS, I am unable to boot Sierra. I just get the circle with slash icon. Any thoughts on how to get this working?

Thanks

Hi, as you can see from my build signature, I have a MSI Z170A Gaming M5. I'm trying to get Thunderbolt working on it. I have installed the drivers on the PC side, but when I enable Thunderbolt in BIOS, I am unable to boot Sierra. I just get the circle with slash icon. Any thoughts on how to get this working?

Thanks

Make sure:
- using OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
- config.plist/RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig=0x67
- config.plist/Boot/Arguments includes slide=0 (especially if still expecting to use OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi)

Make sure:
- using OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
- config.plist/RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig=0x67
- config.plist/Boot/Arguments includes slide=0 (especially if still expecting to use OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi)
I did this and still no luck booting with Thunderbolt enabled.

I have this same issue with OSX Sierra 10.12.5 running Asus Maximus Hero VIII with Thunderbolt ex3. When I enable thundebolt usb support in BIOS which is required for OSX to recognized TB card, essentially my sata ports are not recognized when TB is working.

I have this same issue with OSX Sierra 10.12.5 running Asus Maximus Hero VIII with Thunderbolt ex3. When I enable thundebolt usb support in BIOS which is required for OSX to recognized TB card, essentially my sata ports are not recognized when TB is working.

I wish I had some answers for you, I still have had no success.

Hi - I'm curious if anyone could help me troubleshoot this. I'm still unable to get past the log in screen when I have TB enabled in BIOS. I have tried OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
wondering if you have figure it out, have the same problem, unable to get pas the log screen when i have tb enabled in bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back