CPU
INTEL CORE I7-6700K
Graphics
GIGABYTE GTX1080TI 11GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm curious if anyone is using any TB3 to 10Gbe devices on a setup similar to mine? I now have 3 TH3 ports so instead of trying to find a 10Gbe PCI card I was thinking of using an adapter. I found the Promise Technology SANLink3 T1 Thunderbolt 3 Bridge Adapter and thought it may be a good fit.

Anyone using this or something similar??

I have been using the Promise SANLink3 T1 on a normal Mac for some time, but the fan is really annoying. Otherwise it was fine and really small. The fact that it's bus-powered is great, but you might want to wait until the Akitio Thunderbolt 3 to 10GbE adapter becomes available, since that's fanless and also bus-powered.
I then switched to a Sonnet SEL Express which I installed a Startech 10GbE NIC (ST10GSPEXNB) in. It's a fanless Aquantia/Tehuti-based NIC and they supply drivers for it. Between my Mac and a Windows 10 computer with an ASUS XG-C100C 10GbE NIC, I get about 4 to 6 Gbit/s (between SSDs/RAM disks), which could likely be improved by disabling SMB signing, but I didn't try that.

@DonL @treb Just FYI, I have the AKiTiO Thunder 2 to 10GbE adapter. I was hoping to use it on my hackintosh, as I did on my MacBook Pro for a while, to get 10Gb/s Ethernet.

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3, and the GC-ALPINE-RIDGE 2.0 AIC for Thunderbolt 3. The AKiTiO works perfectly under windows, but under macOS 10.3.4 on my hackintosh, I get a bogus MAC address reported for the device (ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff), and it doesn't show up under Thunderbolt in About This Mac > System Report (apparently this is just cosmetic, however). For now I'm stuck. So, I wouldn't recommend running out to buy the AKiTiO Thunder3 when it comes out expecting it to work without issues on your hackintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back