Contribute
Register

Thunderbolt 3 Modified Firmware Custom SSDT Discussion

What I don't understand: after replugging the TB networkconnection has a BT symbol? Advanced settings look weird/BT related?
Schermafbeelding 2023-03-13 om 10.57.15.png

Hey,

After I changed my broken motherboard, I have problems to get my TB3 Docking Stations work. It works when I unflash my Titan Ridge to default, but then my system is running buggy with massive lags and system crashes. After I flashed my card, everything (Apollo Audio Interface and Blackmagic Ultrastudio) works except of my Docking Stations (I have 2 and tried both). We have tried everything the last 2 month but nothing helps. We tried different EFI settings, many fw, different slots and various BIOS settings. The Dock shows up in IOReg but does nothing and isn't shown up in OS under TBController. If I plug in a portable USB drive into the TB Slot, it works as well.

Maybe someone of you can help me to fix that?

thx

Hey,

After I changed my broken motherboard, I have problems to get my TB3 Docking Stations work. It works when I unflash my Titan Ridge to default, but then my system is running buggy with massive lags and system crashes. After I flashed my card, everything (Apollo Audio Interface and Blackmagic Ultrastudio) works except of my Docking Stations (I have 2 and tried both). We have tried everything the last 2 month but nothing helps. We tried different EFI settings, many fw, different slots and various BIOS settings. The Dock shows up in IOReg but does nothing and isn't shown up in OS under TBController. If I plug in a portable USB drive into the TB Slot, it works as well.

Maybe someone of you can help me to fix that?

thx

Not every Modified firmware works the same or has the same success. I personally like the z390 Designer firmware version 33. I have been using that firmware since the first time @CaseySJ posted it a few years back. I use that firmware on my Titan Ridge V1.0 with jumper from pins 3<-->5 to force power instead of connecting THB_C cable to the mother board. Until recently I did this without the USB2.0 cable attached to the header but found devices shut down better at sleep with it connected. I can only share what I use and my configuration I have not the knowledge to help you make it work or tell you why it does not work.

Not every Modified firmware works the same or has the same success. I personally like the z390 Designer firmware version 33. I have been using that firmware since the first time @CaseySJ posted it a few years back. I use that firmware on my Titan Ridge V1.0 with jumper from pins 3<-->5 to force power instead of connecting THB_C cable to the mother board. Until recently I did this without the USB2.0 cable attached to the header but found devices shut down better at sleep with it connected. I can only share what I use and my configuration I have not the knowledge to help you make it work or tell you why it does not work.
Thank you for your respond. I tried so many different Firmwares with TB header and with jumper but nothing will work for the Docking Station issue. At the moment I am on the TitanRidgeNVM23-Elias64Fr-Mod.bin and i would say the rest of the system is working constantly great with that, so I would love to keep that but I dont know why my Docking Stations wont work.

Does someone has an idea, what i might have forgotten? Maybe @CaseySJ ?

Thank you for your respond. I tried so many different Firmwares with TB header and with jumper but nothing will work for the Docking Station issue. At the moment I am on the TitanRidgeNVM23-Elias64Fr-Mod.bin and i would say the rest of the system is working constantly great with that, so I would love to keep that but I dont know why my Docking Stations wont work.

Does someone has an idea, what i might have forgotten? Maybe @CaseySJ ?
Some questions:
  • What is the make/model of each Thunderbolt 3 Docking Station?
  • Do the Docking Stations work if only one is connected at a time and no other Thunderbolt devices are connected?
  • Which version of macOS are you running?
  • Have you tried NVM33 as mentioned by @scottkendall?

dear friends. how to use spi flash? the guide link does not work. to flash onboard device do we have to use the flash to clamp the chips?

if firmware is obtained from repo do we have to flash in mac? is windows possible?

thank you.

Dear... I use the Apple Thunderbolt to Gibabit Ethernet Adapter with my X99 hack(with GC titan ridge). But, this adpater is cheked in thunderbolt bus. But, it don't work to network adpater. why?
My system os : Ventura.

Attachments

• KakaoTalk_20230625_064022151.png
    KakaoTalk_20230625_064022151.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 35
dear friends. how to use spi flash? the guide link does not work.
Please let me know which link does not work. You may take a screenshot of post or guide containing the outdated link.

to flash onboard device do we have to use the flash to clamp the chips?
Yes we have to use an external chip programmer with SOIC8 “clamp”.

if firmware is obtained from repo do we have to flash in mac? is windows possible?

thank you.
Unfortunately we cannot flash the modified firmware in Mac or Windows.

Dear... I use the Apple Thunderbolt to Gibabit Ethernet Adapter with my X99 hack(with GC titan ridge). But, this adpater is cheked in thunderbolt bus. But, it don't work to network adpater. why?
My system os : Ventura.
Please check if AppleVTD is enabled. This can be done by running IORegistryExplorer and looking for “AppleVTD” near the top of the device list on the left side.

Back