Contribute
Register

Thunderbolt 3 Modified Firmware Custom SSDT Discussion

Please check if AppleVTD is enabled. This can be done by running IORegistryExplorer and looking for “AppleVTD” near the top of the device list on the left side.
AppleVTD be actived. I had reset the nvram in opencore.

Attachments

• t1.JPG
    t1.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 60
  • t2.JPG
    t2.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 61
  • t3.JPG
    t3.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 57
  • t4.JPG
    t4.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 61
Hi! I have found @NorthAmTransAm firmware and flashed the Asus TB3EX card. But I can not find info how to jump the header. Could anyone please help me out. Thanks.

And whats the difference between pxsx and pegp in SSDT? ?

Hi! I have found @NorthAmTransAm firmware and flashed the Asus TB3EX card. But I can not find info how to jump the header. Could anyone please help me out. Thanks.

Umm, I'm not sure if you can jump the header on the Asus TB3EX card the 3-5 pin jumper thing is for Gigabyte Titan Ridge.
And whats the difference between pxsx and pegp in SSDT? ?
It is part of the path to the device do a search on the internet for a better explanation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I am new to thunderbolt, trying to get informations before buying a Titan Ridge for my Z490.
  • Is flashing the card mandatory ? I have read from @CaseySJ guides that I can go without (if the device I want to connect does not need flash)
  • Is a jumper wire for bridging pins mandatory ? Else is connecting USB or Thunderbolt headers mandatory ?
Many Thanks

Hi,

I am new to thunderbolt, trying to get informations before buying a Titan Ridge for my Z490.
  • Is flashing the card mandatory ? I have read from @CaseySJ guides that I can go without (if the device I want to connect does not need flash)
  • Is a jumper wire for bridging pins mandatory ? Else is connecting USB or Thunderbolt headers mandatory ?
Many Thanks

Hello
I think you can find the answers of all yours questions here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...390-thunderbolt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.316533/

Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 21.48.35.png

Hi,

It is not mandatory but I could never make it work correctly until the modified firmware came along.
Many Thanks
When I connected the header things did not work as well as with the jumper wire. My Mac Studio display worked properly on/off/sleep/etc. after I connected the USB header.

@scottkendall : thank you for sharing your experience !

My MB also have 2 Thb headers (Thb_C1 and Thb_C2) ,
does that mean I can connect the card to one of this headers instead of the USB header ?

@scottkendall : thank you for sharing your experience !

My MB also have 2 Thb headers (Thb_C1 and Thb_C2) ,
does that mean I can connect the card to one of this headers instead of the USB header ?
Other than powering the card on I am not 100% sure what The_C1 does exactly.

yes it appears also not clear to me ...
waiting for testing as soon I can find a second hand Titan Ridge (overpriced at this time ....)

Hi all, thanks for providing supports and firmware files regarding Thunderbolt Add-in Cards.. I am new to this thread and currently only using firmware file for Linux systems and GC-Alpine Ridge (ver2.0). I have noticed thah with original firmware the card and USB controller are not recognized by OS (with either boltctl or lspci). However, video passthrough works somehow with Apple Thunderbolt Display (USB function is not working as expected).

With firmware GC-ALPINE RIDGE-NVM21-V3-NATA.bin provided by @NorthAmTransAm, AIC is recognized by OS (I am able to authorize, connect to laptop via TB-networking, etc.), but video passthrough is not working.

I have noticed in other replies it was mentioned that with the patched firmware, video passthrough is never working. Since there're two thunderbolt ports in GC-Alpine Ridge, is it possible to make one port intact (un-patched) and another port patched? Thanks!

Back