Contribute
Register

Thunderbolt 3 Modified Firmware Custom SSDT Discussion

same result - refusing intelcpumanagement kext...
Disable that one and try again.

Also try disabling SSDT-CPUPM. I believe the idea is to replace that.

shall I disable both or one at a time?
disabled both - got this TB related boot error which is odd as TB isnt activated

My Mum is 93 today so Im going to make her dinner.......I'll be about later - as always appreciate that assist @NorthAmTransAm

Attachments

• image21.jpeg
    image21.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
disabled both - got this TB related boot error which is odd as TB isnt activated

My Mum is 93 today so Im going to make her dinner.......I'll be about later - as always appreciate that assist @NorthAmTransAm
When you're back, perhaps removing the card for now is a good idea until we get proper PM

Attachments

• image22.jpeg
    image22.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Maybe, my concern right now is there is no X86Platfrom.

Try enabling Dummypowermanagement in your config?
@NorthAmTransAm apologies for the delay - tried above couldn't get it to boot. I have taken pics of boot screens but I have saved all our EFIs and the most solid one is enclosed - That was with the original SMBIOS. Is it worth looking at that one?

Attachments

• Old didnt crash EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 42
@NorthAmTransAm apologies for the delay - tried above couldn't get it to boot. I have taken pics of boot screens but I have saved all our EFIs and the most solid one is enclosed - That was with the original SMBIOS. Is it worth looking at that one?
Give this a shot. I just noticed some patches had an older Max Kernel. Just drag and drop into your efi and remove the old config.

Attachments

• config.plist
    28.4 KB · Views: 47
Give this a shot. I just noticed some patches had an older Max Kernel. Just drag and drop into your efi and remove the old config.
ran it first time got first screen - ran it again got second - if I read that right is it the SMBIOS its not happy with?

Attachments

• image25.jpeg
    image25.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 49
  • image26.jpeg
    image26.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Hi @NorthAmTransAm
So Ive been doing some testing with the EFI that was stable without the TB card installed. Ran it with the TB card out for 12 hours solid no crashes. Installed the TB card. It came up as 40gbs per port Apple device and showing all USB from the card connected. All good - when no peripheral is connected to the card.

Before, when we did this, I disconnected my TB dock and just tried the NVMe external drive bay. It still won't mount that in Big Sur. I then tried a Caldigit Connect 10G Ethernet controller via the TB card. This is OS compliant in Catalina and apparently Big Sur. It came up as connected in sys report. However, under PCI, it showed as no driver installed which is confusing. I then tried a black magic design Video peripheral which after a few reboots booted OK. However it had the effect of dropping all the card port speeds to 10Gbs. Its a TB2 device on an adapter that runs at 10Gbs. Usually the device reports 10Gbs but the card port reports 40Gbs. I also tried the NVMEfix.kext just in case it helped the TB NVMe bay. It didn't.

This is all with Mac Pro 6,1 SMBIOS instead of the 7,1. I can try another SMBIOS - With any device connected it seems less stable and crashes. Ive posted a crash log too.

Stuck at this point....but thought this was worth a try.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 43
  • Big Sur 19.ioreg
    5.1 MB · Views: 37
  • crash report 28 mar.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 30
Back