Contribute
Register

Thunderbolt 3 Modified Firmware Custom SSDT Discussion

that's weird -so I have the Original EFI on a USB Bootloader and in the EFI partition of the Big Sur drive. I made those changes to the config via open core configurator in the BS EFI and it won't boot to OC. If I put the original back in it boots.

It looks like your config and OC version aren’t matching.

Give me a few and I’ll build one for you.

I was just considering that as I upgraded OC configurator today in order to update this EFI....Appreciate it

that's weird -so I have the Original EFI on a USB Bootloader and in the EFI partition of the Big Sur drive. I made those changes to the config via open core configurator in the BS EFI and it won't boot to OC. If I put the original back in it boots.
looks like you have a few amendments to make in your config.plist

looks like you have a few amendments to make in your config.plist

Quite!

@PTuser try this out. I'm trying the standard SSDT-PLUG but it might need to have a change to it. Let me know if it boots. Please clear NVRAM first.

Also, to prevent more schema errors can you make sure your OpenCore Configurator is set to 0.7.9? The configurator is awesome but if you dont have it matching it is...not awesome

Last edited:
Quite!

@PTuser try this out. I'm trying the standard SSDT-PLUG but it might need to have a change to it. Let me know if it boots. Please clear NVRAM first.
@NorthAmTransAm

Firstly thank you for taking the the time to do this - It didn't boot - says Openruntime requires r12 - currently R11

Replace it with this one.

Attachments

• OpenRuntime.efi
    20 KB · Views: 21
just dump it in the folder or does it require injecting?
just replace it

Just like the guru says.
Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 2.43.12 PM.png

Replace it with this one.
Thank you - That booted - It booted to text rather than the normal open core GUI

No change in Thunderbolt status as yet - what should I do as the next step? I read a piece in Dortania about PCIO family issues with Big Sur

Back