Contribute
Register

Thunderbolt 3 Modified Firmware Custom SSDT Discussion

@scottkendall - thanks for your input. Question: Are your Titan ridge TB3 in your builts flashed?
Are your TB3 onboard or PCIe-Cards and if so, what brand of Cards do you use?
are your builts posted on this forum here with instructions? I would like to learn more on how to tweak SSDT and DSDT for TB3-TR.
I am using opencore on my built.

Never mind, I found the info in other posts
Yes they are flashed... but they are also Gigabyte Titan Ridge and Alpine ridge that sits in a drawer but it is also flashed. People on this forum have made some large strides in the past year with Thunderbolt and not flashing cards. When flashing cards with an external flasher became a thing I did it and never looked back. I personally used a R-pi with an SOIC8 clip with no difficulties.

@scottkendall - thanks for your input. Question: Are your Titan ridge TB3 in your builts flashed?
Are your TB3 onboard or PCIe-Cards and if so, what brand of Cards do you use?
are your builts posted on this forum here with instructions? I would like to learn more on how to tweak SSDT and DSDT for TB3-TR.
I am using opencore on my built.

Never mind, I found the info in other posts

Whomp...BRB to finish this

And back...

You'll need to enabled AppleVTD and also grab a proper SSDT if you don't already have one. That card is most definitely flashed.

Whomp...BRB to finish this

And back...

You'll need to enabled AppleVTD and also grab a proper SSDT if you don't already have one. That card is most definitely flashed.
What does VTD do I been seeing people talking about it but have not the time to really read into it and fiddle with making it work.

What does VTD do I been seeing people talking about it but have not the time to really read into it and fiddle with making it work.
It would seem some devices actually need that enabled to work. I believe lots of people had trouble with Antelope TB interfaces and other TB devices until that was finally enabled.

It was a fiasco though as when enabled we would lose wifi if you had more then 16gigs of ram. The answer was to disable DMAR from loading and to load a modified SSDT-DMAR instead. Was a fun thread!

It would seem some devices actually need that enabled to work. I believe lots of people had trouble with Antelope TB interfaces and other TB devices until that was finally enabled.

It was a fiasco though as when enabled we would lose wifi if you had more then 16gigs of ram. The answer was to disable DMAR from loading and to load a modified SSDT-DMAR instead. Was a fun thread!

I see, every TB2 or TB3 device I have works so probably nothing I need to worry about at this time..

I see, every TB2 or TB3 device I have works so probably nothing I need to worry about at this time..

I did in the event that a future update or device demanded it. I figured I might as well. It was a fun little procedure!

Hi, does anyone have the copy of the original GC-Alpine Ridge (Rev 2.0) firmware .bin file? I managed to delete my backup copy and I can't seem to find it anywhere online...

I would really like to use this card on my Windows machine now that I have the Titan Ridge model in my Hackintosh. Thanks

Hi, does anyone have the copy of the original GC-Alpine Ridge (Rev 2.0) firmware .bin file? I managed to delete my backup copy and I can't seem to find it anywhere online...

I would really like to use this card on my Windows machine now that I have the Titan Ridge model in my Hackintosh. Thanks
Hopefully we have the same AIC card. This is my Alpine Ridge TB3 rev2 bin file.

Attachments

• Give_the_Contents_a_Name.bin.zip
    146.2 KB · Views: 62
Hopefully we have the same AIC card. This is my Alpine Ridge TB3 rev2 bin file.
Hey, thanks so much this worked perfectly!!! Hopefully this will be of use to someone else in the future too…

I really appreciate this awesome community’s help for everything so far :D

Back