Contribute
Register

Thunderbolt 3 ITX Motherboards (+ Hotplug)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only Thunderbolt settings I have on the BIOS are Enabled/Disabled (its enabled) and Security Level, which I changed to No Security.

Yes, all of the cables are definitely 40 Gb/s Thunderbolt 3 cables. The drive is a OWC Thunderbay 4 RAID. I can daisy chain drives through the additional TB3 port on the back of the RAID (only when I boot up with RAID attached which again is also the only way I can get the RAID to mount.)

Which TB3 dock do you have? I have the OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock. Can't get it to work at all.

Which TB3 dock do you have? I have the OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock. Can't get it to work at all.

Elgato Thunderbolt 3 Dock

Elgato Thunderbolt 3 Dock

Thanks! I'll try it out

Thunderbolt3 are not working, I use the ASROCK z490 phantom gaming itx/tb3. I can install Mac OS and everything work fine but not Thunderbolt3

Anyone can help me figure it out why or what should i do to Fix it Please.

Thanks,

Thunderbolt3 are not working, I use the ASROCK z490 phantom gaming itx/tb3. I can install Mac OS and everything work fine but not Thunderbolt3

Anyone can help me figure it out why or what should i do to Fix it Please.

Thanks,
you might have to install windows and install drivers make it work in win then it will work in hack. i have msi but i can not get it to hotplug. i have to plug in the device then boot up machine. then tb will work.

Hi,

Let's say I get ASRock Z490 Phantom ITX with TB3 support and make it work. Then use a RX 5700 video card (or any other more modern Radeon card). If I attach a monitor via the TB port, will it still use the video card for rendering stuff or TB video output is only for on-board graphics? Sorry if this question is too dumb.

I am asking because I am hoping to build a itx hack with as little cables as possible, so I can detach it from my desk and use it on the go, but use a dual monitor setup when in my desk.

Thunderbolt is no GPU, it only passes the signal through. So you'll still need a video card and a small pass-through cable from a Radeon output to the input port which feeds the video signal into TB3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back