980x
Graphics
r9 290x + 6850
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have given up on the 5770-(Gigabyte-Batmobile).

I tried the card out for a full month and found it to be dead slow.

The installation with the new multi-beast is great, but I wanted to let board members know that if you are planning on doing any kind of video editing this is not the card.

I have fallen back on the GTX-470. Driver support for this card is limited so it performs well under its benchmarks in OSX but it still kicks the 5770's butt. Frame by frame stepping on the 5770 just killed me. Hit the forward arrow 3 times and wait.... At least the 470 can step as fast as my finger hits the arrow key.

This might be a rant but it is meant to be an FYi for any potential buyers of the 5770.

Would love to hear from people using the 5870 or 59xx series cards. The specs don't really look much different than 5770 and I would love to hear back from people who have actually used the cards.

The thing that really boggles my mind is that on the Apple site this is the upgrade card, what they call their performance card. Everything else in the new i7 Mac Pro line is really top quality, I just don't get their choice in graphics cards at all.

rabbit.

What will become of your 5770? :wave:

Could you give the brand since that is probably more help than just slagging all 5770s, mine runs great. In both windows and OSX its faster than my old 4870.

Vendetta said:

Well, it went out the window, so I suppose some vagrant will come along and make it part of their mobile art collection. It was pretty cool looking, unfortunately that was almost it's only redeeming quality.

rabbit.

rabbit74 said:
Vendetta said:

Well, it went out the window, so I suppose some vagrant will come along and make it part of their mobile art collection. It was pretty cool looking, unfortunately that was almost it's only redeeming quality.

rabbit.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rabbit74 said:
Vendetta said:

rabbit.

Cryin' shame. :(

Hahaha.. Dude you really hit it hard... :lol:

so far so good on mine...I must confess I use Win7 mostly :shh:

:headbang:

Well, actually, it just makes me angry that OSX hates HDMI :(

sammcj said:
What a waste!

Got mine yesterday and it runs mint!

Yes it runs... I found it performed about as well as an 8800. It just isn't useful for video editing or running a 30" monitor.

It runs... but that's it.

r.

rabbit74 said:
sammcj said:
What a waste!

Got mine yesterday and it runs mint!

Yes it runs... I found it performed about as well as an 8800. It just isn't useful for video editing or running a 30" monitor.

It runs... but that's it.

r.

You really dislike it that much? :lol:

I know you've had a lot of cards, so in your humble opinion, what is the best card for a hackintosh? I think I've seen you mention the GTX260, is that still your choice? If so, why more so than the 470?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back