Contribute
Register

This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
had this same problem -- updated chimera and now everything works! +1 for me; glad i found this thread!

new chimera worked for me.

New Chimera AND newest Chameleon still doesn't work for me - I still get "This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account."

Is this an SMBIOS.plist serial # issue?

Can someone post one that works pls?

I'm in the same boat as seanmcgpa. I've upgraded to the latest Chimera (1.5.4) and changed my smbios.plist to iMac12,2 (it was previously MacPro3,1 similar to eMatoS) and still all I get is "This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account.". I'll see if I can figure anything else out, but if anyone else has any luck or suggestions I'd appreciate the help. Thanks.

jtholb said:
I'm in the same boat as seanmcgpa. I've upgraded to the latest Chimera (1.5.4) and changed my smbios.plist to iMac12,2 (it was previously MacPro3,1 similar to eMatoS) and still all I get is "This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account.". I'll see if I can figure anything else out, but if anyone else has any luck or suggestions I'd appreciate the help. Thanks.

Odd, since I have 4 Macs and 3 Hackintoshes - and only ONE gives me the error. Everything else is flawless. (all 3 are running the latest Chimera, I am tending to think it's an issues with SMBIOS but not 100% sure).

Does anyone with RAID have this working yet? AppStore works fine, but no iCloud or FaceTime for me.

Yes, latest Chimera which has FaceTime fix solves this issue. A Chameleon build that has FaceTime fix also solves this issue (but the latest Chameleon build had FTFix removed because it doesn't work with RAID).

So essentially if you do not run RAID, update to Chimera 1.5.4 which has FaceTime fix to solve the iCloud login issue, or use a slightly order build of Chameleon that has FaceTime fix.

Again, RAID users are out of luck, because the FaceTime fix breaks booting from RAID, therefore RAID users are out of luck on iCloud, for now.

/gx

Yes, latest Chimera which has FaceTime fix solves this issue. A Chameleon build that has FaceTime fix also solves this issue (but the latest Chameleon build had FTFix removed because it doesn't work with RAID).

So essentially if you do not run RAID, update to Chimera 1.5.4 which has FaceTime fix to solve the iCloud login issue, or use a slightly order build of Chameleon that has FaceTime fix.

What a few of us are saying is that Chimera 1.5.4 doesn't solve the iCloud issue. So if you find something that does that would be great.

Ok, I got it working for me, but your mileage may vary. While I was messing around I found that I couldn't log in to the App Store on my hackintosh...something I thought I could previously do, but honestly that may have been on another mac, so maybe it had never been working. Anyway, my solution was based on Candurin's post here and aae55555's post here

First go to Library > Preferences > SystemConfiguration

Delete the networkinterfaces.plist (don't worry, it auto replaces itself when you reboot). Add this line to your boot.plist:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

that would be /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist (at least if you're running Chimera 1.5.4)
and

- Remove all network devices from System Preferences/Network.
- Delete deleting library>preferences>system configuration> NetworkInterfaces.plist file.

* Finally, Reboot.

After reboot, go to System Preferences/Network add add devices. Click (Ethernet) FIRST!! Then add the other adapters you use to connect to the internet.

I also deleted com.apple.network.identification.plist before I rebooted (which will also get recreated on reboot). Previously my wifi adapter was en0 and my built-in ethernet en1, and I'm not sure if that had some sort of detrimental effect, but now they're the other way around. Anyway, magically the App Store and iCloud are working!!

Hopefully that helps, but I'm glad to have it working on my end.

Thanks!! jtholb your idea works!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back