Contribute
Register

Thinkpad X230 Fn Brightness Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe my AppleBacklightPatch in config.plist is wrongly pasted?

Attachments

• screen.jpeg
    screen.jpeg
    337.3 KB · Views: 127
Here are my files

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 92
  • Emanuel’s MacBook Pro.zip
    488 KB · Views: 81
  • RehabMan.zip
    35.1 KB · Views: 94
  • Terminal Saved Output 2.zip
    1 KB · Views: 113
  • Terminal Saved Output.zip
    1 KB · Views: 98
Problems:
- IntelBacklight.kext does not work in 10.12.4
- ACPI not patched for battery status

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-patch-dsdt-for-working-battery-status.116102/

Also, your ACPI configuration is wrong. Missing SortedOrder to specify SSDT load order...

Little bit stupid question: because I already patched DSDT from "origin" and placed it to "patched", do I now use that DSDT from "patched" for further patching?

Ok, now I got it why I need to keep .dsl files on desktop.
This is what I did:

-deleted that one IntelBacklight.kext i forgot to delete
-extracted again DSDT from origin, patched it with previous patch, patched with patch for battery status ("battery_Lenovo-X230i.txt" + "Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel") , sent it to patched folder
-copied SortedOrder from one of your config.plist files, edited it to match my own SSDT files, saved it.
Now to reboot.

EDIT: OMG it works!
I can change brightness but with FN+K/P, I guess I just need to patch DSDT with patch for my laptop to remap brightness keys, I will try it.

I should have said it earlier but I am really thankful for you work and your help, thank you very much, you made my day :)

Last edited:
Few little problems left:

-My trackpoint sometimes doesn't work and when it does work - it skips few of pixels when using it, it is not smooth like it should be, and also not accurate like in windows, how can I fix that (same with scrolling)?
-Sound through speaker is really low, I think I am using Voodoo currently.

Few little problems left:

-My trackpoint sometimes doesn't work and when it does work - it skips few of pixels when using it, it is not smooth like it should be, and also not accurate like in windows, how can I fix that (same with scrolling)?
-Sound through speaker is really low, I think I am using Voodoo currently.

You might try the VoodooPS2Controller from tluck (see/search tluck fork on github).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back