Contribute
Register

Thinkpad X230 Fn Brightness Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I red that tutorial like 3 times already, I took the files from "origin" and applied patch to (dissasembled) files in which that patch changes something, assembled them to their original state and pasted them to "patched" folder in EFI and restarted, what could I missed?

Based on ACPI/origin, you should have in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-4.aml
SSDT-PNLF.aml (for backlight control).

All the bogus SSDT-ARPT*.aml files should be removed.

And then you need correct settings in config.plist (DropOem=true, SortedOrder with each SSDT as above).

Finally, remove FixAirport_4000 from config.plist.

Correct procedures for BCM94352 WiFi are in the FAQ.

Note: Your SSDT-2.aml is yet another copy of one of those SSDT-ARPT files (RP04 one). The SSDTs for ARPT are the wrong approach, and it seems very unlikely you have four WiFi cards installed in your laptop anyway.

Based on ACPI/origin, you should have in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-4.aml
SSDT-PNLF.aml (for backlight control).

All the bogus SSDT-ARPT*.aml files should be removed.

And then you need correct settings in config.plist (DropOem=true, SortedOrder with each SSDT as above).

Finally, remove FixAirport_4000 from config.plist.

Correct procedures for BCM94352 WiFi are in the FAQ.

Note: Your SSDT-2.aml is yet another copy of one of those SSDT-ARPT files (RP04 one). The SSDTs for ARPT are the wrong approach, and it seems very unlikely you have four WiFi cards installed in your laptop anyway.

Ok, it seems I didn't make SSDT file using ssdtPRGen before so I have done it now, placed in patched folder and deleted nullcpupowermanagement.kext.
And also currently I am placing SSDT-1/3/4 in patched folder, but I noticed that SSDT-3 file won't compile (even without patching, I just open dsl file and click Compile), there are 16 PARSEOP PACKAGE ERRORS.

Ok, it seems I didn't make SSDT file using ssdtPRGen before so I have done it now, placed in patched folder and deleted nullcpupowermanagement.kext.
And also currently I am placing SSDT-1/3/4 in patched folder, but I noticed that SSDT-3 file won't compile (even without patching, I just open dsl file and click Compile), there are 16 PARSEOP PACKAGE ERRORS.

Sounds like you forgot about SSDT-0.aml.
There is a patch for the error you mention "Remove _PSS placeholders".

Sounds like you forgot about SSDT-0.aml.
There is a patch for the error you mention "Remove _PSS placeholders".

Yeah, I forgot SSDT-0, but now I included them all in "patched" and deleted SSDT-2.
Also there is SSDT-5x, SSDT-6x and SSDT-7x in "origin", do I need to include them also in "patched"?
I red something about "x" SSDT's at DSDT patching tutorial but I didin't understand it.

Yeah, I forgot SSDT-0, but now I included them all in "patched" and deleted SSDT-2.

SSDT-2.aml required. Read post #26.

Also there is SSDT-5x, SSDT-6x and SSDT-7x in "origin", do I need to include them also in "patched"?

Your question regarding dynamic SSDTs is answered in the ACPI patching guide.

SSDT-2.aml required. Read post #26.

Your question regarding dynamic SSDTs is answered in the ACPI patching guide.

This part about dynamic DSDTs I didn't quite understand, so I don't need to include them in patched because they are loaded from SystemMemory?

This part about dynamic DSDTs I didn't quite understand, so I don't need to include them in patched because they are loaded from SystemMemory?

No such thing as a dynamic DSDT. DSDT is always static.
Any SSDT loaded with the Load opcode is dynamic.
Clover finds such SSDTs and uses 'x' in the name to designate them.
They are not placed in ACPI/patched as they are only loaded if DSDT or other static SSDTs load them with the Load opcode from system memory... so they are not expected to be loaded otherwise...
And if you did include them in ACPI/patched it would cause problems when the Load opcode was used...

No such thing as a dynamic DSDT. DSDT is always static.
Any SSDT loaded with the Load opcode is dynamic.
Clover finds such SSDTs and uses 'x' in the name to designate them.
They are not placed in ACPI/patched as they are only loaded if DSDT or other static SSDTs load them with the Load opcode from system memory... so they are not expected to be loaded otherwise...
And if you did include them in ACPI/patched it would cause problems when the Load opcode was used...

Yeah, I meant dynamic SSDT, but wrote DSDT.
About wifi, my wifi card is default Intel card and I plan to buy supported wifi adapter in future.
Now I will try to reboot and see if it goes well :)

After reboot everything is the same, I even tried to rebuild cache but result is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back