Contribute
Register

ThinkPad X121e Sandy Bridge HD 3000 running 10.7 Lion osx86

Status
Not open for further replies.
lbuisson said:
If you are using 64bit as me no solution for good trackpad :(

Yep, it's a shame because the trackpad under windows is excellent if you use the Synaptics driver.

fungusfeet88 said:
Ok, I'm on 10.7.3 just wanted to list the things that don't work to see if I've missed something...

1. Headphone socket doesn't work, doesn't recognise that anything is plugged in and just carries on outputting from laptop speaker (using voodoo 2.7.3 from multibeast) < Ignore this, just saw the patched applehda kext from above...works great.

2. SD Card slot

3. Can't use sleep in 10.7.3 (is that right?) Working now.

4. Even if the above is possible we still cannot use trackpad once woken up, which pretty much makes sleep useless as I don't use an external mouse much.

5. click and drag must be done with the red nub rather than the trackpad...a pain.

Other than those, everything else seems to be working.

Here my update, I'm using 10.7.3/64bit - whitelisted bios 1.15
(http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R ... ight=x121e):
1-audio works
2-no kext to enable sd at the moment
3-seems fine but
4-after wake up no trackpad
5-no drag&drop

The trackpad is nice in windows? In my opinion is the worst trackpad I ever used in my life! But this is just my opinion.

By the way I want to ask if you guys also have this other two problems:
- if you disable bluetooth in windows using the panel, it directly disables it in the bios( at least it seems...). Then if I reboot into Lion it cannot detect the hardware anymore because disabled. No way for me to re-enable bluetooth from Lion.
- this one is just for windows, maybe a bug I want to send to Lenovo: use windows until the battery is discharged, the system auto sleeps/freezes/shuts down? Screen is black, red light... I plug the AC, NO WAY to resume!!! I have to kill the computer and reboot loosing everything I was doing.

Anybody noticed this two problems above?

Yes same issue in 10.7.2

- Bluetooth can't switch on/off
- trackpad doesn't have drag and drop for 64 bits
- VGA and Hdmi don't work
- SDCARD doesn't work

seppdepp said:
lbuisson said:
- VGA and Hdmi don't work

Works. Use the patcher!

Noise is increasing dramatically on this thread. :(
Which one ?

Because each i tested give VGA OR HDMI

not VGA AND HDMI

seppdepp said:
lbuisson said:
Because each i tested give VGA OR HDMI

not VGA AND HDMI

Ahhh... I see... HDMI and VGA at once is your problem. Have you tried all possibilities with the four connectors in the patcher? Replacing, swapping, etc...
No because I'm not sure to have knowledge to do that

Because don't know how work patcher :(

seppdepp said:
lbuisson said:
No because I'm not sure to have knowledge to do that

Because don't know how work patcher :(

I believe in you. There is a readme with the patcher. And the number for VGA is 0602. All other numbers are shown when you use the tool mentioned in the readme.

Just try it ;)

I Will try this week-end ;)

geejay said:
Wifi finally working.

I bought a full-length AR5B95 mini-PCI card. Put into the second PCI full-length slot, removed the Intel Wlan card, connected cables, patched the airportatheros40.kext inside IO80211.kext with the hardware ID (168c, 2b). It works with the original BIOS because the whitelist doesn't check the second PCI slot.

Can you be more specific about how you patched the airportatheros40.kext? Was one section replaced with the hardware ID? Did you just use plistedit pro to edit a line in the kext? I don't want to screw it up.

I've noticed the mic level cannot be altered (sliders move but have no effect), it's way too sensitive and I can't get past the Rosetta Stone mic setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back