Contribute
Register

ThinkPad X121e Sandy Bridge HD 3000 running 10.7 Lion osx86

Status
Not open for further replies.
TO APPLE HDA

currently I got less time, but I think, there ll be some more the following week. Does someone ever made an Linux AudioDump?

If yes please post it!

My AppleHDA works!! What I have to do is next is to change platform.xml cause it is not made to our Conexant. But first I have to create a Map where which AMP Input / output is, that is the tricky part ... But if that is done and when the Map is done I can change platform.XML so we get input/output working ....

just install the whitelist bios, why not! it works perfectly and you can rever to the original one if there is need.

The bios I requested from Bios-mods is linked somewhere around page 5, it works great. I can't use a full size as I have a Dell 5530 WWAN card in there.

Bought a Packard Bell LJ75 AR5B93 for £2.55 delivered from here in the UK, I'll report back.

Update: Here already and installed, worked OTB. Even supports AirDrop. (it's tiny, about the size of a stamp)

geejay said:
cool-oase said:
TO APPLE HDA

currently I got less time, but I think, there ll be some more the following week. Does someone ever made an Linux AudioDump?

If yes please post it!

My AppleHDA works!! What I have to do is next is to change platform.xml cause it is not made to our Conexant. But first I have to create a Map where which AMP Input / output is, that is the tricky part ... But if that is done and when the Map is done I can change platform.XML so we get input/output working ....

for future reference:
the x121 uses a Conexant 20671 SmartAudio HD sound chip

here is described how to dump from Linux
http://www.hack-my-mac.fr/index.php/forum/43-pc-portable/11237-audio-conexant-cx20671

here is the tool to patch the xml files
http://www.osx86.net/view/1774-hda_wizard.html

Hey u soab:

I do know which kind of Sound Chip it is. I spend a lot of time to patch the AppleHDA and as well the DSDT!!!

I do have had some problems dumping the codec cause it it not even that easy. If u want to use the HDA Wizard u first need a correct platform.xml with correct NodeIDs. I do know what to do and what I am talking about! So next time do not just google some stuff if u even do not know what u are talking about. That u think just using HDA Wizard can solve the missing platform.xml proofs that u do not have any clue about what u are talking. The wizard helps u to install the .xml. But so far there is no correct(ed) working .xml. Currently it detects correct the output. Switching between internal speaker, headphones and HDMI works. But there is an issue with the input. So if there is time I am going to solve that problem. Maybe there is also someone else working on, who also knows what to do. When I am asking for help cause I got less time to make an linux dump, I do not want that someone without any clue pisses me off!!! If there is someone else, who maybe has more experience in AppleHDA, tells me what to do it is OK. But as long u are not that guy, do not **** me off!

Best regards

Ok, I'm on 10.7.3 just wanted to list the things that don't work to see if I've missed something...

1. Headphone socket doesn't work, doesn't recognise that anything is plugged in and just carries on outputting from laptop speaker (using voodoo 2.7.3 from multibeast) < Ignore this, just saw the patched applehda kext from above...works great.

2. SD Card slot

3. Can't use sleep in 10.7.3 (is that right?) Working now.

4. Even if the above is possible we still cannot use trackpad once woken up, which pretty much makes sleep useless as I don't use an external mouse much.

5. click and drag must be done with the red nub rather than the trackpad...a pain.

Other than those, everything else seems to be working.

fungusfeet88 said:
1. Headphone socket doesn't work, doesn't recognise that anything is plugged in and just carries on outputting from laptop speaker (using voodoo 2.7.3 from multibeast) < Ignore this, just saw the patched applehda kext from above...works great.

not such issue

fungusfeet88 said:
2. SD Card slot

Not working at all no solution today with SL or LION

fungusfeet88 said:
4. Even if the above is possible we still cannot use trackpad once woken up, which pretty much makes sleep useless as I don't use an external mouse much.
5. click and drag must be done with the red nub rather than the trackpad...a pain.

If you are using 64bit as me no solution for good trackpad :(

I have deleted VoodooHDA kext in system/library/extensions and installed the AppleHDA with Kext Utility which seemed to rebuild permissions and the cache.

VoodooHDA still shows up in System Preferences/Other - does this mean it is still active ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back