Contribute
Register

Thinkpad P51 Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
@cjbconnor Have you tried disabling your onboard graphics in BIOS and setting a default screen to the external? Might get further that way.

@cjbconnor Have you tried disabling your onboard graphics in BIOS and setting a default screen to the external? Might get further that way.
I got it to boot that way, but the battery life would be terrible, so that's not really a good solution for me. Mind sharing any DSDT/SSDT patches you made?

@cjbconnor @emlynb Did you guys also have problems with kernel panics during the GUI part of the installer? I have tried a lot of configs and kexts, but I get either a KP during phase 1 (where it copies from USB to SSD) or during phase 2 (black screen/Apple logo installer). The problem is, once the GUI has started, it is impossible to see the content of the KP (even with -v and debug=0x100). There is no *.panic file generated as the installer runs from a RAM disk.

@cjbconnor @emlynb Did you guys also have problems with kernel panics during the GUI part of the installer? I have tried a lot of configs and kexts, but I get either a KP during phase 1 (where it copies from USB to SSD) or during phase 2 (black screen/Apple logo installer). The problem is, once the GUI has started, it is impossible to see the content of the KP (even with -v and debug=0x100). There is no *.panic file generated as the installer runs from a RAM disk.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

No, once using the files at the repo, all was good.

I just got Mojave to boot the installer. Was about to pull my hair out. Turns out it was my usb stick. I was using a usb3 16gb from micro center. Used it in the past for my other hacks and it worked fine. Switched to my good old sandisk 16gb usb2.0 and every thing works fine. I used all of MirkoCovizzi's patches and kexts. Also left everything that Unibeast put in the EFI folder except for the config from MirkoCovizzi. I have the backlight keyboard, 1080p screen, the i7-7820HQ with NVIDIA Quadro M2200. So none of the configurations mater much. If you need me to go into specifics, I can. Just let me know.

@rollshifter Please share your steps for installing Mojave on the Lenovo P51. I have a P51 with E3-1535. I am interested in getting the M2200 to work.

Thanks

No problem I’ll right a full step by step install this weekend. Without all the cryptic bull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back