Motherboard
Thinkpad x250
CPU
Intel Core i5 5300u
Graphics
Intel HD 5500, 1366x768p
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm back again trying to install Sierra on my Thinkpad P51. I gave up on high Sierra because of all the bugs it has. I can't even boot the installer right now, as I get a kernel panic pretty early on during the boot process. I'm using the config.plist spoofing the HD630 from the GitHub repo linked. I made sure that all of my injected kexts are updated as well. A .zip of my EFI partition is attached, as well as a picture of the crash I get.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2 MB · Views: 128
  • MVIMG_20180323_005023.jpg
    MVIMG_20180323_005023.jpg
    9.2 MB · Views: 215
I'm back again trying to install Sierra on my Thinkpad P51. I gave up on high Sierra because of all the bugs it has. I can't even boot the installer right now, as I get a kernel panic pretty early on during the boot process. I'm using the config.plist spoofing the HD630 from the GitHub repo linked. I made sure that all of my injected kexts are updated as well. A .zip of my EFI partition is attached, as well as a picture of the crash I get.
Link to laptop guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

@cjbconnor Do you have the 4k screen? I'm about to try HS with a P51 4k.

@cjbconnor Do you have the 4k screen? I'm about to try HS with a P51 4k.
No, I have the 1080p screen. Also, I never got HS to work because of the dual GPUs, but let me know if you get it working.

Ok, good to know. I'm stuck at getting the screen working ATM. I've got 128mb of DVR and followed the instructions to use the lilu / IntelGraphicsFixup / CoreDisplayFixup and disabled my discrete graphics using a SSDT patch. I just see the rendering garbled across the top 1/8 of the screen height and full width. If I get further I'll let you know...

Ok, good to know. I'm stuck at getting the screen working ATM. I've got 128mb of DVR and followed the instructions to use the lilu / IntelGraphicsFixup / CoreDisplayFixup and disabled my discrete graphics using a SSDT patch. I just see the rendering garbled across the top 1/8 of the screen height and full width. If I get further I'll let you know...
Have you tried using RehabMan's config.plist for the HD630?

Edit:
What specs are your P51 and what BIOS version are you running?

Last edited:
Have you tried using RehabMan's config.plist for the HD630?

Edit:
What specs are your P51 and what BIOS version are you running?

Yup, using the config.plist from RehabMan. BIOS is latest, but I'm not even sure if the hardware will work. This is the Xeon 1535 with P630 graphics / 4k screen / ECC RAM, which I think require some sort of patch to the kernel. I'll dig in more when I get time. At the moment, I have macOS in a VM and it's pretty speedy.

Yup, using the config.plist from RehabMan. BIOS is latest, but I'm not even sure if the hardware will work. This is the Xeon 1535 with P630 graphics / 4k screen / ECC RAM, which I think require some sort of patch to the kernel. I'll dig in more when I get time. At the moment, I have macOS in a VM and it's pretty speedy.
Good luck. The main reason I gave up was because none of the display outputs will work, and I use my laptop a decent amount while it's docked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back