Contribute
Register

Thinkpad p50 Sierra 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you enabled Clover full CPU PM generation (config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate is default true).
Set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate=false, if you plan to use SSDT-PluginType1.aml.
(or you can set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=false, as originally suggested).

The tool does everything but press F4 and F2 in Clover (before you run it).

Sorry again. Here is the file, I fixed the SSDT issue and made a new output with gen_debug.

Attachments

• debug_3515.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 77
Sorry again. Here is the file, I fixed the SSDT issue and made a new output with gen_debug.

Your SystemMemory addresses are still mismatched between ACPI/origin and ACPI/patched.
MNVS and GNVS in ACPI/patched have the wrong address:
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:patched rehabman$ diff ../origin/ ../patched/ |grep SystemMemory
<     OperationRegion (MNVS, SystemMemory, 0x4FFAD018, 0x1000)
>     OperationRegion (MNVS, SystemMemory, 0x7FFAD018, 0x1000)
<     OperationRegion (GNVS, SystemMemory, 0x4FF9B000, 0x0600)
>     OperationRegion (GNVS, SystemMemory, 0x7FF9B000, 0x0600)

Your SystemMemory addresses are still mismatched between ACPI/origin and ACPI/patched.
MNVS and GNVS in ACPI/patched have the wrong address:
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:patched rehabman$ diff ../origin/ ../patched/ |grep SystemMemory
<     OperationRegion (MNVS, SystemMemory, 0x4FFAD018, 0x1000)
>     OperationRegion (MNVS, SystemMemory, 0x7FFAD018, 0x1000)
<     OperationRegion (GNVS, SystemMemory, 0x4FF9B000, 0x0600)
>     OperationRegion (GNVS, SystemMemory, 0x7FF9B000, 0x0600)

OMG, idk why, maybe im not really concentrating! Sorry, here is a new dump, I fixed the DSDT and checked again in the patchmatic dump

Attachments

• debug_13705.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 89
OMG, idk why, maybe im not really concentrating! Sorry, here is a new dump, I fixed the DSDT and checked again in the patchmatic dump

Your ACPI/origin has an ECDT.
It means you cannot rename LPC->LPCB because it breaks the path in the ECDT.
You could try patching ECDT, such that it matches the new path, but there is no reason to patch LPC->LPCB, as you can simply change SSDT-LPC.aml to use LPC instead of LPCB.

Your ACPI/origin has an ECDT.
It means you cannot rename LPC->LPCB because it breaks the path in the ECDT.
You could try patching ECDT, such that it matches the new path, but there is no reason to patch LPC->LPCB, as you can simply change SSDT-LPC.aml to use LPC instead of LPCB.

Ok changed SSDT-LPC to use LPC and disabled LPCB clover patch and removed SkylakeSpoof (yes it shouldn't be there).

Attachments

• debug_26041.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 100
Ok changed SSDT-LPC to use LPC and disabled LPCB clover patch and removed SkylakeSpoof (yes it shouldn't be there).

Is there still a problem with the ethernet kext?
Next step is to change your SMBIOS, MacBookPro11,1 may have a better result (IntelMausiEthernet.kext is sensitive to CPU PM).

Note that you have SSDT-PTSWAK.aml, but you haven't enabled any of its features (with SSDT-Config.aml). Is that your intention?

Is there still a problem with the ethernet kext?
Next step is to change your SMBIOS, MacBookPro11,1 may have a better result (IntelMausiEthernet.kext is sensitive to CPU PM).

Ok I'll look into that when I find an available LAN connection. But I do have a Skylake CPU, so my logic bet was a MBP13,x.
Note that you have SSDT-PTSWAK.aml, but you haven't enabled any of its features (with SSDT-Config.aml). Is that your intention?

in SSDT-Config I chose these options regarding _WAK and _PTS:

Code:
        // DPTS: For laptops only: set to 1 if you want to enable and
        //  disable the DGPU _PTS and _WAK.
        //
        //  0: does not manipulate the DGPU in _WAK and _PTS
        //  1: disables the DGPU in _WAK and enables it in _PTS
        Name(DPTS, 1)

// SHUT: Shutdown fix, disable _PTS code when Arg0==5 (shutdown)
        //
        //  0: does not affect _PTS behavior during shutdown
        //  bit 0 set: disables _PTS code during shutdown
        //  bit 1 set: sets SLPE to zero in _PTS during shutdown
        Name(SHUT, 1)

// SSTF: _SI._SST fix.  To fix LED on wake.  Useful for some Thinkpad laptops.
        //
        // 0: no effect during _WAK
        // 1: calls _SI._SST(1) during _WAK when Arg0 == 3 (waking from S3 sleep)
        Name(SSTF, 1)

Idk if I need anything else. I was just playing around with these parameters (and rebuilding all the SSDTs and recopying them back) to "hopefully" get sleep/wake working. Do you suggest something else to try?

Also I forgot to clarify my wake issue:
The laptop does go to sleep, and before that I turn the FnLk LED on (I'll explain later why).
When it goes to sleep, I see the power LED (the "i" dot on the ThinkPad logo blinking) : Normal behavior
However, somehow I see a really quick flash of the disk activity LED just after the power LED starts blinking (feels like simultaneous, doesnt happen on windows or linux, since the disk activity LED doesnt blink when the power buttons starts blinking).
When I try to wake on the laptop, I can see that my kyb is active (the FnLk LED turns on) and the disk activity blinks quickly and very shortly and stops, but the power button stays blinking and the screen is black. I tried turning on the brightness, but it wouldnt work, also I cannot power off/on the FnLk after that (that's why I turned it on before going to sleep).
I try to force reboot the laptop by pressing the power button for some seconds, then I power it on but it wont POST (no output, nothing, just black) then I press again the power button just once (like a click) to power the laptop off and then boot it up again and it would boot fine.

(Hope I detailed my issue).

Last edited:
in SSDT-Config I chose these options

No SSDT-Config.aml in ACPI/patched.

Also I forgot to clarify my wake issue:
The laptop does go to sleep, and before that I turn the FnLk LED on (I'll explain later why).
When it goes to sleep, I see the power LED (the "i" dot on the ThinkPad logo blinking) : Normal behavior
However, somehow I see a really quick flash of the disk activity LED just after the power LED starts blinking (feels like simultaneous, doesnt happen on windows or linux, since the disk activity LED doesnt blink when the power buttons starts blinking).
When I try to wake on the laptop, I can see that my kyb is active (the FnLk LED turns on) and the disk activity blinks quickly and very shortly and stops, but the power button stays blinking and the screen is black. I tried turning on the brightness, but it wouldnt work, also I cannot power off/on the FnLk after that (that's why I turned it on before going to sleep).
I try to force reboot the laptop by pressing the power button for some seconds, then I power it on but it wont POST (no output, nothing, just black) then I press again the power button just once (like a click) to power the laptop off and then boot it up again and it would boot fine.

(Hope I detailed my issue).

Maybe "instant wake" (_PRW). You didn't patch for it.

No SSDT-Config.aml in ACPI/patched.

Maybe "instant wake" (_PRW). You didn't patch for it.

Ok I tried both skylake 0x0D and 0x6D patches (each alone, same result).

(also for information, I use these patches on my DSDT:
  • Thinkpad X230i (bat)
  • GFX0 -> IGPU (I know it's done with the clover patch too)
  • IRQ fix
  • Mutex non-Zero
  • _WAK Arg 2 (and even tried Arg1 before, it wont apply)
  • Fn key patch on my findings post
And I tried now with the patch above.)

Attachments

• debug_22014.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Ok I tried both skylake 0x0D and 0x6D patches (each alone, same result).

(also for information, I use these patches on my DSDT:
  • Thinkpad X230i (bat)
  • GFX0 -> IGPU (I know it's done with the clover patch too)
  • IRQ fix
  • Mutex non-Zero
  • _WAK Arg 2 (and even tried Arg1 before)
  • Fn key patch on my findings post
And I tried now with the patch above.)

Your DSDT is patched incorrectly.
Your native DSDT uses _PRW 0x6d. Patching 0x0d is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back