Contribute
Register

The Ultimate Low Cost Big Sur Hackintosh - Core i5 Dell Optiplex 3020 SFF

Try the other video input on your monitor i.e. use HDMI if you are currently using DP or use DP if you are currently using HDMI.
So, I had HDMI to DP hooked up at first, now I'm running just straight DP and it's still hanging up at that PCI error.

it's still hanging up at that PCI error.
With the EFI attached to post #3 I've never seen that on my 3020 SFF. You are still using the HD4600 iGPU correct ?
I don't see why booting to the installer is not working, very strange. You use the exact same Dell Optiplex, same BIOS and settings, same EFI folder, there's no valid reason it won't work. Keep trying, don't give up.

Why don't you try adding -x (which is safe mode) to your boot arguments and see if that gets you to the installer.

With the EFI attached to post #3 I've never seen that on my 3020 SFF. You are still using the HD4600 iGPU correct ?
I don't see why booting to the installer is not working, very strange. You use the exact same Dell Optiplex, same BIOS and settings, same EFI folder, there's no valid reason it won't work. Keep trying, don't give up.

Why don't you try adding -x (which is safe mode) to your boot arguments and see if that gets you to the installer.
Same installer. I'm running a i5-4460 which has the 4600 iGPU in it.

I'm not sure either as to what's going on. I'm not giving up thought I feel like I'm close.

I'm not sure either as to what's going on.
Where did you buy this 3020 from ? Do you know if it was used by any government or corporate office before you took ownership of it ?

Where did you buy this 3020 from ? Do you know if it was used by any government or corporate office before you took ownership of it ?
So, I bought it from someone on online they said it was from Toys R US iirc and I upgrade the CPU in it to the 4460 from the i3 -4150 iirc. So, I'm not 100% on it's origins ? Could there be some sort of blocker installed for external software or something ?

I upgrade the CPU in it to the 4460 from the i3 -4150
Maybe that is contributing to the problem.
You could try reinstalling the original CPU and see if that makes any difference.

Could there be some sort of blocker installed for external software or something ?
Some of the 7020/9020 models would have Intel Mgt. Engine disabled if they were used by gov't agencies. This was for security purposes mainly. Not sure if Toys R Us would do that. I know that disabling Intel ME would prevent the iGPU from working properly. Why don't you reinstall the GT 710 and try the HDMI output on that and boot the install USB again.

You could try reinstalling the original CPU and see if that makes any difference.
That has only HD4400 and not HD4600.

Maybe that is contributing to the problem.
It's possible, I can probably head to my storage next week and pull it out. But I've also seen successful hackintoshes with the 4460.

Back