Contribute
Register

The system is stuck on every 4/5 days cycle.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z790 UD AX
CPU
i5-13500
Graphics
RX 6600
Hello community!

I recently installed Fenvi T919
It works perfectly on my Hackintosh (Ventura)
BT+WiFi that comes with Mobo is installed and I removed that when I made the USB mapping.

I use a Logitech mouse (Mx Master 2s) and a keyboard (Mx keys mini)
Both are connected through Logibolt receiver and Logi unifying receiver (Picture attached)
I'm not using them via Bluetooth.

IMG_0379.jpg

I encountered a problem that after every 3/4/5 days in the middle of working all are stuck. Nothing works!
No click no key input.

To make everything work I have to force restart my PC.
Can't find the issue. I need your help!

Thank you all!

Hello community!

I recently installed Fenvi T919
It works perfectly on my Hackintosh (Ventura)
BT+WiFi that comes with Mobo is installed and I removed that when I made the USB mapping.

I use a Logitech mouse (Mx Master 2s) and a keyboard (Mx keys mini)
Both are connected through Logibolt receiver and Logi unifying receiver (Picture attached)
I'm not using them via Bluetooth.

View attachment 578919

I encountered a problem that after every 3/4/5 days in the middle of working all are stuck. Nothing works!
No click no key input.

To make everything work I have to force restart my PC.
Can't find the issue. I need your help!

Thank you all!

Hi there.

Please ZIP and attach your EFI folder so we can check it for you. Remember to blank your serial-number first etc.

:)

Hi there.

Please ZIP and attach your EFI folder so we can check it for you. Remember to blank your serial-number first etc.

:)
Thank you so much for your help!
Here is the EFI file.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 7
Your USBPorts.kext is not correct for your motherboard.

You have the virtual USB2 port served from the Rear Type-C connector (HS01) set as USB2. This should match the physical Type-C+sw port SS01, with connector type (9).

You have HS03 & HS04 commented as 'Front USB2', but they are set as physical USB2, these two ports should be set with connector type 'Internal' (255), as they are served from an internal header, same as RGB lights (HS11) and Bluetooth (HS09).

You have HS06 set as USB2 (Hub) but have it commented as a companion port to SS04 & SS05. As these two ports are commented as physical USB3 ports on the rear I/O, I don't see how these two can be companion ports to HS06.

You also only have 13 x ports active in the kext, you could add another 2 x ports and remain in the 15 port limit.

As your USBPorts.kext contains the Power settings for the USB ports, you don't need the USBX part or SSDT-EC-USBX.aml table.

Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 18.11.59.png USBPorts.kext/Contents/info.plist viewed in ProperTree

I would recommend removing the current USBPorts.kext.
Enable the Kernel > Quirks > XhciPortLimit entry in your config.plist and try rediscovering the ports using this guide.

You have two errors in the NVRAM section of your config.plist. See the screenshot below.

Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 18.27.07.png NVRAM Section of config.plist

Two edits required to correct these errors.

You have the virtual USB2 port served from the Rear Type-C connector (HS01) set as USB2. This should match the physical Type-C+sw port SS01, with connector type (9).

You have HS03 & HS04 commented as 'Front USB2', but they are set as physical USB2, these two ports should be set with connector type 'Internal' (255), as they are served from an internal header, same as RGB lights (HS11) and Bluetooth (HS09).

You have HS06 set as USB2 (Hub) but have it commented as a companion port to SS04 & SS05. As these two ports are commented as physical USB3 ports on the rear I/O, I don't see how these two can be companion ports to HS06.

You also only have 13 x ports active in the kext, you could add another 2 x ports and remain in the 15 port limit.

As your USBPorts.kext contains the Power settings for the USB ports, you don't need the USBX part or SSDT-EC-USBX.aml table.

View attachment 578961 USBPorts.kext/Contents/info.plist viewed in ProperTree

Enable the Kernel > Quirks > XhciPortLimit entry in your config.plist and try rediscovering the ports using this guide.

You have two errors in the NVRAM section of your config.plist. See the screenshot below.

View attachment 578962 NVRAM Section of config.plist

Thank you so much for the guide.
Will work on this now and let you know the further updates.
Thank you once again!

View attachment 578961 USBPorts.kext/Contents/info.plist viewed in ProperTree

View attachment 578962 NVRAM Section of config.plist

Update

Hello dear!
I followed all the instructions you mentioned above.
1. Did USB mapping from scratch (in Windows)
2. Fixed error in config.plist

Everything works fine! though it a few hours only after fixing but haven't encountered that issue so far. Will give another update after 3/4 days.

I attached my EFI folder and was wondering if you could check that again, please.

Thank you once again!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 7
Your new UTBMap.kext has a few errors.

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 10.32.41.png UTBMap.kext/Contents/info.plist viewed in ProperTree with errors highlighted.
  • You have HS02, HS03, SS08 & SS09 commented as Front USB3.
    • These 4 x ports are all set with Internal (255) usbconnector, this is wrong.
    • The 4 x ports should all be set as USB3 (3).
  • SS02 is commented as Front Type C.
    • This port should be set with Type-c+sw (9) or Type-c (10) usbconnector.
    • I have changed it to it to Type-c+sw (9) in the revised kext, this may not be correct.
    • You will need to check which Type-c connector is correct.
I fully understand why you have set the ports as you have, as they are all served from motherboard headers. However, USB3 and Type-C motherboard connectors should be set to match the physical port on the case front.

The UTBMap.kext attached below has been edited to correct these errors.

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 10.54.07.png Revised UTBMap.kext/Contents/info.plist viewed in ProperTree with changes highlighted.

The rest of the EFI and config.plist look OK for your system.

Attachments

• UTBMap.kext.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 4

View attachment 579031 UTBMap.kext/Contents/info.plist viewed in ProperTree with errors highlighted.
    • I have changed it to it to Type-c+sw (9) in the revised kext, this may not be correct.
I fully understand why you have set the ports as you have, as they are all served from motherboard headers. However, USB3 and Type-C motherboard connectors should be set to match the physical port on the case front.

View attachment 579032 Revised UTBMap.kext/Contents/info.plist viewed in ProperTree with changes highlighted.

Thank you so much for your effort!
I will try this one.
The update is I just noticed that issue. But let me try with your provided kext.

Thank you once again!

View attachment 579031 UTBMap.kext/Contents/info.plist viewed in ProperTree with errors highlighted.

View attachment 579032 Revised UTBMap.kext/Contents/info.plist viewed in ProperTree with changes highlighted.

Hello!
Thank you once again for your help.
So far it's running without that issue
I am facing another issue which is when I put pc to sleep, after the monitor and motherboard go to sleep the motherboard wakes up again for a few seconds and then goes to sleep but the monitor remains off. Can you help me with that? please

Back