Contribute
Register

The Next CustoMac Mini on Sandybridge and Lion - ITX,HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
nige2000 said:
cheperun said:
tonymacx86 said:
Here's what I got, and it should be the next CustoMac Mini. Look for it on the blog after we get HDMI audio working!

cmm2011.png

CPU: Intel Core i3-2105 with Intel HD 3000 Graphics
Amazon Newegg

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3
Amazon Newegg

RAM: CORSAIR 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3
Amazon Newegg

Case + Power Supply Unit: APEX MI-008 Mini-ITX with 250w PSU
Amazon Newegg
Hi,

About this configuration do you know if working with Core I7 2600 3,4 GHZ. And if i decided to install another graphic card? Which do you recomended me?

Thank you very much

you need hd3000 graphics at the minute
check intel site
i7 2600 =hd2000
i7 2

Hi,

You were right. Finally i will but Core i7 2600k. And the case i found the Wesena Mini ITX 7 and Silverstone SG05.It's more pretty ITX7 but where is more efficient?? And do you know what's the power supply can i mount? I would like one powerful if in the future i install a graphic card more powerfull.

Thank you very much and Sorry for my english

Last edited by a moderator:
cheperun

2600k higher wattage= more heat= needs better cooling =bigger case
like itx7 myself

psu wattage
best to email wessena and ask
but id presume you need a picu itx psu the biggest im aware of is a 160 watt youll find them on ebay

and i can assure you you know my language better than i know yours

nige2000 said:
cheperun

like itx7 myself

psu wattage
but id presume you need a picu itx psu the biggest im aware of is a 160 watt youll find them on ebay

Hi nige2000,

I found this case http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverstone-SST ... 136&sr=1-1. I think is better than itx because it's better and it has a power supply 300w. What do you think about this case?

Thank you very much for your help.

tonymacx86 said:
Here's what I got, and it should be the next CustoMac Mini. Look for it on the blog after we get HDMI audio working!

cmm2011.png

CPU: Intel Core i3-2105 with Intel HD 3000 Graphics
Amazon Newegg

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3
Amazon Newegg

RAM: CORSAIR 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3
Amazon Newegg

Case + Power Supply Unit: APEX MI-008 Mini-ITX with 250w PSU
Amazon Newegg

Great job Tony, maybe I swap my PC to this. :mrgreen:
But It will be better, if the motherboard has a DVI, not? :silent:

Last edited by a moderator:
user137 said:
OldFred said:
I've been studying the mini builds, but I can't find a supported mobo that has a firewire port. Firewire and OSX kind of go together IMHO. I see that there is a space for one add in card, could I get firewire that way? Pardon the noob question...

yes in a mini case you will need to give up having a FW connector :thumbdown:
only micro-ATX and biggers are your options.

actually that's not true you pcie X16 is backwards compatible with smaller pcie X8 X1 etc, so that card should work, i'm doing this build on monday with that firewire card custom case and a kozuti cooler, so i'll let you know if it all works fine, but it should since it's got the texas instruments chip

cheperun said:
nige2000 said:
cheperun

like itx7 myself

psu wattage

Hi nige2000,

I found this case http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverstone-SST ... 136&sr=1-1. I think is better than itx because it's better and it has a power supply 300w. What do you think about this case?

Thank you very much for your help.

also look at antec 310-150 (no room for graphics card )
cheap and small

my build
itx2, i3 2105 , h67n-usb3,
is going to cost almost the same as a mac mini (basic model) by the time i put ram and shoe horn a airport card in it

but thats mostly because of the expensive case and psu kit

but my parts are reusable

Mate94 said:

Gigabyte recently put out a H61 version of the ITX board, which has DVI/HDMI instead of HDMI/HDMI. It doesn't supply SATA 6gbps ports.

66c.jpg

As far as I know it hasn't showed up yet on Amazon or Newegg. But this could be a cheaper alternative to the H67N-USB3. Has a strange USB3 chip though- haven't seen on any other board (Fresco FL1009).

GA-H61N-USB3
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/produc ... id=3963#ov

I'm stoked to hear if you all get audio working with HDMI, I've got my cart loaded up and ready to get this setup. :D

tonymacx86 said:
Mate94 said:

Gigabyte recently put out a H61 version of the ITX board, which has DVI/HDMI instead of HDMI/HDMI. It doesn't supply SATA 6gbps ports.

66c.jpg

As far as I know it hasn't showed up yet on Amazon or Newegg. But this could be a cheaper alternative to the H67N-USB3. Has a strange USB3 chip though- haven't seen on any other board (Fresco FL1009).

GA-H61N-USB3
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/produc ... id=3963#ov

I see. Just was a suggestion, don't know that how many people want DVI. Just a remark. :)

PS: OFF: Can you say something about the HD5750? Will be supported in the new Chimera? Sorry for it. :) ON:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back