Contribute
Register

The Next CustoMac Mini on Sandybridge and Lion - ITX,HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
the ITX2 might be a challenge, I'm using the ITX7 because of the 80mm exhaust fan (replaced by a Noctua running on 800rpm, dead silent), but indeed it is a bit bigger.[/quote]

hope its not too much of a challenge :think:
or i hope wesenna's return policy is good ;)
if it doesn't work out itx7 would be the way to go

another thing crossed my mind is that were not too far off the price of a mac mini :thumbdown:

but there would be no screwdrivers involved in that :lol:

Hi,

very interesting thread since I need a mini hackintosh to bring at the office (SSD is a good thing when you need to carry your computer).

Thanks !

yts

I've got this build except I have an i5 2400, which has HD 2000 GFX. Does that make me **** out of luck? :?

tonymacx86 said:
Here's what I got, and it should be the next CustoMac Mini. Look for it on the blog after we get HDMI audio working!

cmm2011.png

CPU: Intel Core i3-2105 with Intel HD 3000 Graphics
Amazon Newegg

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3
Amazon Newegg

RAM: CORSAIR 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3
Amazon Newegg

Case + Power Supply Unit: APEX MI-008 Mini-ITX with 250w PSU
Amazon Newegg
Hi,

About this configuration do you know if working with Core I7 2600 3,4 GHZ. And if i decided to install another graphic card? Which do you recomended me?

Thank you very much

Last edited by a moderator:
cheperun said:
tonymacx86 said:
Here's what I got, and it should be the next CustoMac Mini. Look for it on the blog after we get HDMI audio working!

cmm2011.png

CPU: Intel Core i3-2105 with Intel HD 3000 Graphics
Amazon Newegg

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3
Amazon Newegg

RAM: CORSAIR 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3
Amazon Newegg

Case + Power Supply Unit: APEX MI-008 Mini-ITX with 250w PSU
Amazon Newegg
Hi,

About this configuration do you know if working with Core I7 2600 3,4 GHZ. And if i decided to install another graphic card? Which do you recomended me?

Thank you very much

you need hd3000 graphics at the minute
check intel site
i7 2600 =hd2000
i7 2

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been studying the mini builds, but I can't find a supported mobo that has a firewire port. Firewire and OSX kind of go together IMHO. I see that there is a space for one add in card, could I get firewire that way? Pardon the noob question...

The PCI-E slot is for graphics cards, I think the firewire comes in full size PCI and the smaller PCI Express slots only :/ Not positive though

OldFred said:
I've been studying the mini builds, but I can't find a supported mobo that has a firewire port. Firewire and OSX kind of go together IMHO. I see that there is a space for one add in card, could I get firewire that way? Pardon the noob question...

yes in a mini case you will need to give up having a FW connector :thumbdown:
only micro-ATX and biggers are your options.

nige2000 said:
another thing crossed my mind is that were not too far off the price of a mac mini :thumbdown:

True for the ITX2, Apple actually got it all right.

But with a Silverstone SG05 your mini build is much more flexible. You can include a far more powerful CPU, a dual slot video card, and 2 more 2.5" drives (for a total of 3), and an ODD... :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back