Contribute
Register

The GTX 650 Ti Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure your computer is really sleeping? And not that it's just the display going to sleep? Will it turn off if you manually sleep it?
I'll have to check that out. Thanks! I'm thinking of selling my Ti because I just don't need all it's power. I don't game at all.

no gaming and don't need this power for QL/CUDA computing or so - so why You have buyed this?

hmmm... but I will buy GTX 650 Ti Boost for increasing Final Cut or so performance ;)

Nice! That's what I'm thinking of doing if I sell. I might wait a little while, using HD 4000 and then make the move.
I'd get the boost version, because it will accelerate those programs with OpenCL and CUDA. And for GPGPU applications a wider memory bus found in the boost version will be very beneficial.

I'm having my 650Ti running 10.8.2 quite fine with Nvidia's driver, besides some complete system freezes when 650ti is not natively supported in 10.8.2.
I want to update my hackintosh to 10.8.3, but afraid that it will ruin the system and I will have to reinstall from scratch.
So, could anyone help me with detailed steps to upgrade from 10.8.2 with these old nVidia driver to 10.8.3?

GTX 650 Ti have much better NATIVE support from 10.8.3

I'm having my 650Ti running 10.8.2 quite fine with Nvidia's driver, besides some complete system freezes when 650ti is not natively supported in 10.8.2.
I want to update my hackintosh to 10.8.3, but afraid that it will ruin the system and I will have to reinstall from scratch.
So, could anyone help me with detailed steps to upgrade from 10.8.2 with these old nVidia driver to 10.8.3?
There is nothing special. Just install the 10.8.3 update, then install the newest CUDA drivers off Nvidia's website.

There is nothing special. Just install the 10.8.3 update, then install the newest CUDA drivers off Nvidia's website.
Thank you, I just updated today and everything is working fine.
I haven't install CUDA drivers yet, since its supported products doesn't contain 650Ti.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back