Contribute
Register

The FireWire 800/400 card to own for 100% compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

I recently bought a firewire card, i was looking to have support in hackintosh, but i can´t find anything related, so i bought it:

http://www.ebay.es/itm/180954153659...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2925wt_1166

Doesn´t have firewire 800, and has a via 6315 chipset, but it worked out-the-box in my hackintosh (mountain lion 10.8.3). It´s pci-e. The most important thing is that it costs about 8 euro and worldwide shipping.

I hope that this information can help someone.

I can't believe that nobody has posted about the SYBA SD-PEX50011.

This card is fully compatible, with tons of ports both inside an out.

I got mine years ago for about $20

It's one of the few cards that has an internal firewire 800 port, perfect for Hack pro mods that use the original mac pro case.

it's listed as being only windows compatible but everything works for me!

Thanks OP thelostsweede.
I bought the SIIG DP FireWire 2-Port PCIe card from Fry's for $50 because I couldnt find the chipset info on the box. I pulled off the SIIG sticker on the chip and saw it was a TI chip. So I returned it and ordered the STARTECH 2PORT Firewire 400 PCI Card from Amazon for $25! Glad I got the native chipset for less $!

I just got me a DawiControl DC-FW800 PCIe to replace my Sonnet Tango800. Plug and play, works fine in first testing. TI chip.

I replaced the Sonnet because I started having clicks and pops in the audio from my MOTU 828mk2 firewire audio interface. Sounds like a clock sync issue that pops up for some minutes every hour or so, then goes away again. Only happens when I run audio into the outputs of the MOTU, monitor it in software (Ableton, Max) and play it out the outputs of the MOTU. Very strange.

The USB ports on the Sonnet had never worked under OSX anyway, only FW800. Strange coz it officially supports OSX. On ebay you go.

Thanks OP thelostsweede.
I bought the SIIG DP FireWire 2-Port PCIe card from Fry's for $50 because I couldnt find the chipset info on the box. I pulled off the SIIG sticker on the chip and saw it was a TI chip. So I returned it and ordered the STARTECH 2PORT Firewire 400 PCI Card from Amazon for $25! Glad I got the native chipset for less $!

So I could not get this card to work. Every time I installed it my wireless card is no longer recognized. Anyone know why this is? I have the TP-LINK TL-WDN4800.

I can't get this firewire card running.

I'm using a GA-Z77N-WiFi motherboard and just orderes the PEX1394B3LP (low profile) firewire card. I plugged it into the pcie16 slot... but the system does not recognize the card. The system info says "No FireWire ports were found."

Any ideas? I'm on 10.8.4

I forgot to mention, which firewire card I'm trying to use.

It's the StarTech PEX1394B3LP (low profile). I attached a picture of the card.
startech.JPG

My Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WiFi has just one PCIe x16 slot :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back