Contribute
Register

The FireWire 800/400 card to own for 100% compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch! should always read a whole thread instead of first couple or so pages, that title is very misleading. However i got Sunix FWB3414G very cheap, trying it with Z87-D3H and UAD Apollo. This information may be helpful.
That card (Sunix FWB3414G) doesn't work on gigabyte Z170-HD3P and likely other newer boards. Bios mode fix doesn't work either.

I can confirm that this firewire 800 car is working OOB with yosemite ( motherboard is gigabyte h97 )
SEDNA - PCI-Express Low Profile IEEE 1394b FireWire 3 Port Card
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LB919EK/

Hi everyone, for us in Europe it is very expensive to get either StarTech or Syba, as most are available to the US market and either too expensive to ship, or nothing available (even eBay in Asia).

I have searched in EU for a PCI-e card to use with my MSI Z97i-AC board, on the only PCI-e slot (not using VGA but embedded Intel HD 4600 graphics) and see that there are a lot of VIA-based cards, some also from JMICRON but not many available (in a normal price range) with LSI FW643E chipset.

So, any VIA and JMICRON are totally out-of-the-question, correct? Not even considered.

Any Texas Instruments PCI-e card that works OOB (e.g. Yosemite) that can run on PCI-Express x16 slot, to suggest? What about the IO2213B chipset? Is it the same with XIO2213B that I see on eBay? These are also pricey, to be honest.

Can we perhaps make a summary of PCI and PCIe cards that work, with chipset names? The thread started quite sometime ago, and only last couple of pages are recent...

My need is to simply capture DV from my Sony TRV-240e camcorder... and digitize all those tapes :)

Many thanks, have a good weekend.

Hi all
It's a bit of pain in the neck finding a FW that's for sure compatible and not too expensive here in France. Amazon.fr doesn't have them all.
It seems the ones that are working have the TI chipset. I've seen ones by SYBA for example with a VIA chipset. Is it compatible too?
TIA, folks.
Nick

Thanks for the tip. I had seen this card but:
  1. It's a low profile and I need a high one. They don't mention if there is a high profile gimmick in the box.
  2. It's not an issue but I have two legacy FW devices that are both FW 400. A FW 800 card would work perfectly well with them but it's useless.
I eventually bought KALEA-INFORMATIQUE © - Carte Controleur PCI vers FireWire 400 IEEE1394a - 3 ports - Chipset TEXAS INSTRUMENTS TI TSB43AB22A. It seems it's a French vendor. The important point is their technical sheet that specifies it has the TI chipset and that it's right for audio interfaces.
My hackintosh is not completed yet. I'll let you know when (and if) it's running.
Nick

Can anyone confirm if this will work ok in my build (Gigabyte z170x UD5 TH running El capitan) for an audio interface (universal audio apollo)

If so seem like this is the choice for me.

Thanks,

Mark.

Wondering the same thing! Anyone had any success with the Apollo in general on the z170x UD5 TH?

I ordered it earlier as I am impatient anyway :D Cinq7 I will let you know how I get on with both the card and the Apollo when it arrives.

Thanks for the help pit512

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back