Contribute
Register

The EZ 8000 - Core 2 Duo E8400 - Affordable CustoMac Media Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so now I have SL 10.6.8 running. I downloaded Install Mavericks app from the MAS. Tried to install a usb drive and got a panic. Looked around the site didn't find anything pertaining to the 8000. Any ideas?

Try booting with -v -f -x.

I tried those boot flags and they didn't work. So after doing more research I realized I hadn't installed Multibeast because I was following the "Install Snow Leopard on the HP Elite 8000" guide and didn't read past where it said you will not need to run Multibeast. My mistake.
So I downloaded Multibeast for Snow Leopard, opened it, chose:
EasyBeast Install
System Utilities>Rebuild Caches & Repair Permissions
OSx86 Software>Kext Helper b7, Kext Utility, MSR Tools
& Show All Files
Installed, rebooted (with iBoot, no boot flags)
Now Im making my UniBeast Mavericks installer. Will update after its finished.

I tried those boot flags and they didn't work. So after doing more research I realized I hadn't installed Multibeast because I was following the "Install Snow Leopard on the HP Elite 8000" guide and didn't read past where it said you will not need to run Multibeast. My mistake.
So I downloaded Multibeast for Snow Leopard, opened it, chose:
EasyBeast Install
System Utilities>Rebuild Caches & Repair Permissions
OSx86 Software>Kext Helper b7, Kext Utility, MSR Tools
& Show All Files
Installed, rebooted (with iBoot, no boot flags)
Now Im making my UniBeast Mavericks installer. Will update after its finished.

Remember post install requires AppleHPET to be removed or add -f to boot flag.

Ok. Mavericks is installed. I'm at the desktop. Deleted AppleHPET kext. Opening Multibeast. Choosing Easybeast. Saved configuration and now installing. We'll see what happens.

Ok. Mavericks is installed. I'm at the desktop. Deleted AppleHPET kext. Opening Multibeast. Choosing Easybeast. Saved configuration and now installing. We'll see what happens.

Restarted and no network. Installed intel ethernet kext with multibeast, got ethernet working. Downloading 10.9.5 update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Restarted and no network. Installed intel ethernet kext with multibeast, got ethernet working. Downloading 10.9.5 update.

Note that you will need to boot with -f to boot and delete AppleHPET.kext.

Note that you will need to boot with -f to boot and delete AppleHPET.kext.
I did that. Updated fine. Currently trying to find out how to get it booting without the usb.

So I finally bought a GTX 750 Ti. Got Yosemite installed on a SSD (clean install). Installing was fine, ran MultiBeast, deleted kexts, ejected USB drive, restarted, everything was working well. I was using a GT210 during the install and I was getting a clear HD resolution on my 24" monitor. Needed to boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes so I went back into MultiBeast to enable that boot flag by default. Restarted without manually typing in any flags, everything looked good so I downloaded Nvidia's web drivers for 7th gen Nvidia cards for 10.10.5 (14F27) - I made sure I had the right build number by referencing it in my system settings. Downloaded, installed, restarted.

Replaced the GT210 with the GTX 750 Ti, booted up, I got 1/3 of the way through the loading screen when my monitor goes black, followed by "no input." Restarted using GraphicsEnabler=Yes even though I didn't think I needed to, got the same results. Restarted using nv_disable=1 and I made it into the desktop with no graphics support, choppy image and wonky resolution - to be expected after using that boot flag. I went into the Nvidia web drivers settings to check, turns out OS X Nvidia drivers were still selected, so I changed it to Nvidia web drivers. Figured that was the problem. It prompted me to restart so I did. Upon boot I again only get 1/3 of the way through the initial loading screen when my monitor goes blank followed by no input. I can only get it to boot using nv_disable=1 at this point.

Any idea what I need to do? Should I uninstall and reinstall Nvidia web drivers? Are there other boot flags or a setting somewhere I need to enable?

I have the Core 2 Dou 3.0GHz, 2GB RAM, Gigabyte 750 Ti (EVGA GT210 1GB during install via HDMI), Kingston V300 SSD boot drive, no other drives connected, connected to my monitor via HDMI to HDMI. I don't have an ethernet cable plugged in at the moment, nor did I have one plugged in during install. Yosemite 10.10.5 was downloaded from the MAS. Not sure what else to try at the moment.

So I finally bought a GTX 750 Ti. Got Yosemite installed on a SSD (clean install). Installing was fine, ran MultiBeast, deleted kexts, ejected USB drive, restarted, everything was working well. I was using a GT210 during the install and I was getting a clear HD resolution on my 24" monitor. Needed to boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes so I went back into MultiBeast to enable that boot flag by default. Restarted without manually typing in any flags, everything looked good so I downloaded Nvidia's web drivers for 7th gen Nvidia cards for 10.10.5 (14F27) - I made sure I had the right build number by referencing it in my system settings. Downloaded, installed, restarted.

Replaced the GT210 with the GTX 750 Ti, booted up, I got 1/3 of the way through the loading screen when my monitor goes black, followed by "no input." Restarted using GraphicsEnabler=Yes even though I didn't think I needed to, got the same results. Restarted using nv_disable=1 and I made it into the desktop with no graphics support, choppy image and wonky resolution - to be expected after using that boot flag. I went into the Nvidia web drivers settings to check, turns out OS X Nvidia drivers were still selected, so I changed it to Nvidia web drivers. Figured that was the problem. It prompted me to restart so I did. Upon boot I again only get 1/3 of the way through the initial loading screen when my monitor goes blank followed by no input. I can only get it to boot using nv_disable=1 at this point.

Any idea what I need to do? Should I uninstall and reinstall Nvidia web drivers? Are there other boot flags or a setting somewhere I need to enable?

I have the Core 2 Dou 3.0GHz, 2GB RAM, Gigabyte 750 Ti (EVGA GT210 1GB during install via HDMI), Kingston V300 SSD boot drive, no other drives connected, connected to my monitor via HDMI to HDMI. I don't have an ethernet cable plugged in at the moment, nor did I have one plugged in during install. Yosemite 10.10.5 was downloaded from the MAS. Not sure what else to try at the moment.

Boot with nv_disable=1 to get to the system. Download NVIDIA Web Drivers for Yosemite 10.10.5 here:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverresults.aspx/89538/en-us

Click the NVIDIA icon in the top bar, and tick "NVIDIA WEB DRIVERS."

Reboot and use nvda_drv=1 this time. Make sure in clover options when you're booting nothing else is checked except maybe verbose.

You should now be able to boot into the system with full graphics acceleration.

Boot with nv_disable=1 to get to the system. Download NVIDIA Web Drivers for Yosemite 10.10.5 here:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverresults.aspx/89538/en-us

Click the NVIDIA icon in the top bar, and tick "NVIDIA WEB DRIVERS."

Reboot and use nvda_drv=1 this time. Make sure in clover options when you're booting nothing else is checked except maybe verbose.

You should now be able to boot into the system with full graphics acceleration.

Okay cool I'll try that. I'm using Chimera, and I previously enabled GraphicsEnabler=Yes because with my GT210 it needed that in order to successfully boot, and didn't feel like typing it in every time. Do you know how I can disable GraphicsEnabler=Yes and enable nvda_drv=1 permanently so I don't need to type it in every time in Chimera?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back