Contribute
Register

The EZ 8000 - Core 2 Duo E8400 - Affordable CustoMac Media Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if the ATI 4350 works in OS X or macOS have no experience with such old GPU. Would be better to go with the ATI 5450 they're pretty cheap now.
Thanks. Any other cheap cards that will work? Doesn't have to be ati...thats just what I have in my 8200 now.

Last edited:
Thanks. Any other cheap cards that will work?

ATI 5450 works fine so does the 8400GS, I know of the 610 but seen people having issues with that card in Sierra. But works okay in El Capitan.

ATI 5450 works fine so does the 8400GS, I know of the 610 but seen people having issues with that card in Sierra. But works okay in El Capitan.
Cool! I have 2 8400gs's laying around...guess I'll get to work. Going to have to start getting my 8000 ready for SL first though.

Cool! I have 2 8400gs's laying around...guess I'll get to work. Going to have to start getting my 8000 ready for SL first though.

Should fine.

Ran into my first problem installing SL onto my 8000. No keyboard or mouse. Im plugged into one of the back usb ports
None of those work. Just tried front ones too. No go.

That is caused by AppleHPET.kext. Boot with -v -f. If you're using the 8400GS then boot with -v -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes. You might get a black screen. So you may need to boot with -v -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1.

That is caused by AppleHPET.kext. Boot with -v -f. If you're using the 8400GS then boot with -v -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes. You might get a black screen. So you may need to boot with -v -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1.
OK. Tried that and got a panic. Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\"

Try -v -f -x.

Finally got it installed. Thanks VoiletDragon for all the help AND for being so patient.

Last edited:
Finally got it installed. Thanks VoiletDragon for all the help AND for being so patient.
Ok so now I have SL 10.6.8 running. I downloaded Install Mavericks app from the MAS. Tried to install a usb drive and got a panic. Looked around the site didn't find anything pertaining to the 8000. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back