Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Pull the Radeon and use IGPU-EFI. My EFI is setup so that you have to select the drive you want to boot from in order to allow for changes.

The Vega 64 is an excellent choice but don’t jump yet. Support for Radeon VII product ID has been seen in 10.14.4 and they are in beta 6 with expected release on March 25th, 2019.

You can patch the AMDRadeonX5000.kext. in the Library/System/Extensions directory to make the VII work but it’s slow and still freezes. Google Hackintosh Radeon VII and you should find something. Probably better to wait the the few days and see what’s up.

If you pull the Radeon and follow the guide your USB will work properly.

New Macs will eliminate the need to inject fake device ID.

Last edited:
Actually, I just thought of something. I was doing some testing while using 18,3 and plugged an HDMI into my onboard graphics and the same thing happened. I also had similar problems when my pram file was unable to write the NVRAM file to the EFI partition.

If you are not plugged into your onboard card, look in your EFI partition to see if the nvram file is being updated by checking the creation date after every boot.

Thanks, fixing it today. I'll be back posting the results

EDIT 1 :

Changing back WiFi card to WD1820a. I had airport card from MacBook Air, but I removed the top heating element from mobo (that card is double the size+adapter).

Reset the BIOS to defaults, and I can boot.

Now WiFi works OOB without kext (no BT). Fixing it now + changing back the BIOS settings. We will see what happens

EDIT 2 :

Everything works again, this card (DW1820A) is awesome, need brcmfixup/patchram2/repo and done.

Last edited:
I went ahead and traded with a buddy my XFX card for the Sapphire Nitro+ RX 590 and it worked perfectly without any vbios flashing.

I went ahead and traded with a buddy my XFX card for the Sapphire Nitro+ RX 590 and it worked perfectly without any vbios flashing.

My Blue Nitro+ RX 590 Special Edition link worked OOB perfectly. What problem did you have ?

Edit 1 :

I see now. Never used HDMI, only DP ports.

My Blue Nitro+ RX 590 Special Edition link worked OOB perfectly. What problem did you have ?

Edit 1 :

I see now. Never used HDMI, only DP ports.
Is that only with RX 590s?

Back