Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

I took a quick look and it mostly seems to be related to internal peripherals. You can add Clover patch to get the same function. Here are 2 possible solutions:

try add patch manually on KernelToPatch

Find : 636F6D2E 6170706C 65005F5F 6B65726E 656C5F5F 00
Replace : 6E6F742E 6170706C 65005F5F 6B65726E 656C5F5F 00
Comment : Disable power state change timeout kernel panic (10.15+)
MatchOS : 10.15.x

this is based on OpenCore github commit :

Thanks to @ben9923 's tip here
Hi, the problem was an outdated Bluetooth firmware. It was very old and causes kernel panics. After patching the firmware using the following the problem was solved. Thanks a lot.

I looked at the GitHub code but didn't have time to go and track down what it is doing right now. It's also OpenCore, so I assume you mean that Clover needs the equivalent function. It seems the 10.15.4 caused a few issues. I will dive into it tonight because I need to get to work.

Don't you mean a mandatory injectati=false? I put that in the ones I just posted.
In this state, the operating system turns on and everything works.

Снимок экрана 2020-04-06 в 17.11.48.png

If I remove Inject ATI at all, the system stops turning on.

In this state, the operating system turns on and everything works.

View attachment 460156

If I remove Inject ATI at all, the system stops turning on.

The thing is you're not injecting Intel, you are specifically telling it NOT to inject intel, which is fine but SHOULD not be necessary. Unfortunately something, which I suspect is WEG, is injecting it if it isn't explicitly told not to.

Not arguing the merits, the solution works and is now in the posted EFI.

@Leesureone Why do we have to explicitly set injectintel=false when it is not even set in clover? Does WEG automatically do it?

I need to focus on work this week so any help you can give will be very appreciated. I will try to drop in once in a while.
I'll help however I can, the stuff we are talking about is stretching the bounds of what I think I know :confused:. @jaymonkey has an excellent thread going, you are probably already familiar with it @ModMike, which talks about Lilu And its Plug In's of which WEG is part. If you read down to the section on how WEG contributes to configure graphics he says because there are so many configurations it won't always get it right and manual configuration with Hackintool is recommended. It's a worthwhile read. One bit here stood ou but I linked the thread below:

WhatEverGreen IGPU Auto Detect/Auto Configure

More recent versions of WhatEverGreen (V1.3.0+) have a much improved IGPU Auto Detect/Auto Configuration feature that can configure the IGPU on most systems without you having to do any additional work.

First make sure you have followed the instructions in the WEG Pre-requisites sections above ..

Now all you need to do is install Lilu + WhatEverGreen (see Chapter 3 - How to install Lilu and it's Plug-in's) and reboot. If the Auto Detect/Auto Configuration has worked you should have a functional IGPU. After installation and a reboot you can use Hackintool to check the configuration of your IGPU - see the section titled "Testing your Changes" towards the end of this chapter.

I'll help however I can, the stuff we are talking about is stretching the bounds of what I think I know :confused:. @jaymonkey has an excellent thread going, you are probably already familiar with it @ModMike, which talks about Lilu And its Plug In's of which WEG is part. If you read down to the section on how WEG contributes to configure graphics he says because there are so many configurations it won't always get it right and manual configuration with Hackintool is recommended. It's a worthwhile read. One bit here stood ou but I linked the thread below:

WhatEverGreen IGPU Auto Detect/Auto Configure

More recent versions of WhatEverGreen (V1.3.0+) have a much improved IGPU Auto Detect/Auto Configuration feature that can configure the IGPU on most systems without you having to do any additional work.

First make sure you have followed the instructions in the WEG Pre-requisites sections above ..

Now all you need to do is install Lilu + WhatEverGreen (see Chapter 3 - How to install Lilu and it's Plug-in's) and reboot. If the Auto Detect/Auto Configuration has worked you should have a functional IGPU. After installation and a reboot you can use Hackintool to check the configuration of your IGPU - see the section titled "Testing your Changes" towards the end of this chapter.

That guide is bookmarked and I go through it often, especially yesterday. I followed every step but I will not kick a solution in the teeth, even if it makes no sense!

Clover Configurator just alerted me to new versions of critical kexts. I also noticed a new version of BRCM so I added that as well as it was not being picked up. Strangely enough, Hackintool, which is usually way ahead of doesn't see the new versions as of this writing.

Here is what has been updated and posted in new EFIs
  1. Lilu 1.4.3
    1. Improved modern CPUID detection
    2. Added BaseDeviceInfo API with improved performance
    3. Deprecated CPUInfo::getGeneration, WIOKit::getComputerModel(), WIOKit::getComputerInfo()
  2. Virtual SMC
    1. Improved performance with Lilu 1.4.3 APIs
  3. WhateverGreen 1.38
    1. Added igfxfw=2 boot argument and igfxfw IGPU property to load Apple GuC firmware
    2. Added igfxpavp=1 boot argument (and igfxpavp property) to force enable PAVP output
    3. Added igfxfcms=1 boot argument (and complete-modeset property) on Skylake and Apple
    4. Improved performance with Lilu 1.4.3 APIs
    5. Added -igfxfbdbg boot argument to debug IGPU framebuffer (debug builds only)
    6. Added igfxagdc=0 boot argument and disable-agdc IGPU property to disable AGDC
    7. Added igfxonln=1 boot argument and force-online IGPU property force online status for all displays
    8. Added igfxonlnfbs=MASK boot argument and force-online-framebuffers IGPU property to override display status
  4. AppleALC 1.48
    1. MaxKernel HS for GM/GP
    2. Support startup delay for AppleHDAController via alc-delay property or alcdelay boot-arg (in ms)
    3. Guarded TCSEL change to TC0 with alctsel=<01 00 00 00> property or alctsel=1 boot-arg
    5. Added ALC257 layout-id 99 and100 for Lenovo XiaoXin Pro 2019 by DalianSky
    6. Added ALC283 layout-id 88 for DELL R14 3437 by Zoran
    7. Add mute button to ALC230 layout 13 by Ab2774
    8. Update for Better Input Range ALC 235 by Andres ZeroCross
    9. Added ALC269VC layout-id 22 for Acer Veriton Z4640G by Andres ZeroCross
    10. Updated ConfigData & Added WakeConfigData to fix CodecCommander dependency CX20751/2 layout-id 28 LineIn Sniki
    11. Updated ConfigData & Updated WakeConfigData to fix CodecCommander dependency ALC221 layout-id 11 LineIn(s) by Sniki
    12. Added ALC255/ALC3234 layout-id 7 for Dell 7348 by armenio
    13. Fix Conexant CX8050 LineIn for headsets with combo jack
  5. BRCMPatchRam 2.5.2
    1. Revert DW1820A from 8785 to 8784 [0a5c:6412]
    2. Add older firmwares from 12.0.1.1012
    3. Add bpr_handshake boot argument to override handshake support mode
    4. Change bpr_preresetdelay=0 behaviour to no longer imply bpr_handshake=1
The only difference I noticed is that my bluetooth audio works way better. I used to have terrible clipping, could also have been AppleAlc.

Clover Configurator just alerted me to a bunch of new versions of critical kexts. I also noticed a new version of BRCM so I added that as well as it was not being picked up. Strangely enough, Hackintool, which is usually way ahead of doesn't see the new versions as of this writing.

Here is what has been updated and posted in new EFIs
  1. Lilu 1.4.3
    1. Improved modern CPUID detection
    2. Added BaseDeviceInfo API with improved performance
    3. Deprecated CPUInfo::getGeneration, WIOKit::getComputerModel(), WIOKit::getComputerInfo()
  2. Virtual SMC
    1. Improved performance with Lilu 1.4.3 APIs
  3. WhateverGreen 1.38
    1. Added igfxfw=2 boot argument and igfxfw IGPU property to load Apple GuC firmware
    2. Added igfxpavp=1 boot argument (and igfxpavp property) to force enable PAVP output
    3. Added igfxfcms=1 boot argument (and complete-modeset property) on Skylake and Apple
    5. Added -igfxfbdbg boot argument to debug IGPU framebuffer (debug builds only)
    6. Added igfxagdc=0 boot argument and disable-agdc IGPU property to disable AGDC
    7. Added igfxonln=1 boot argument and force-online IGPU property force online status for all displays
    8. Added igfxonlnfbs=MASK boot argument and force-online-framebuffers IGPU property to override display status
  4. AppleALC 1.48
    1. MaxKernel HS for GM/GP
    2. Support startup delay for AppleHDAController via alc-delay property or alcdelay boot-arg (in ms)
    3. Guarded TCSEL change to TC0 with alctsel=<01 00 00 00> property or alctsel=1 boot-arg
    5. Added ALC257 layout-id 99 and100 for Lenovo XiaoXin Pro 2019 by DalianSky
    6. Added ALC283 layout-id 88 for DELL R14 3437 by Zoran
    7. Add mute button to ALC230 layout 13 by Ab2774
    8. Update for Better Input Range ALC 235 by Andres ZeroCross
    9. Added ALC269VC layout-id 22 for Acer Veriton Z4640G by Andres ZeroCross
    10. Updated ConfigData & Added WakeConfigData to fix CodecCommander dependency CX20751/2 layout-id 28 LineIn Sniki
    11. Updated ConfigData & Updated WakeConfigData to fix CodecCommander dependency ALC221 layout-id 11 LineIn(s) by Sniki
    12. Added ALC255/ALC3234 layout-id 7 for Dell 7348 by armenio
    13. Fix Conexant CX8050 LineIn for headsets with combo jack
  5. BRCMPatchRam 2.5.2
    1. Revert DW1820A from 8785 to 8784 [0a5c:6412]
    2. Add older firmwares from 12.0.1.1012
    3. Add bpr_handshake boot argument to override handshake support mode
    4. Change bpr_preresetdelay=0 behaviour to no longer imply bpr_handshake=1
The only difference I noticed is that my bluetooth audio works way better. I used to have terrible clipping, could also have been AppleAlc.
click the refresh button in Extensions tab on Hackintool and then it checks for new versions

click the refresh button in Extensions tab on Hackintool and then it checks for new versions

Thats the first thing I did when I saw the Clover Configurator update. Hackintool had not picked them up as of this writing.

Thats the first thing I did when I saw the Clover Configurator update. Hackintool had not picked them up as of this writing.
how strange, worked ok here a few hours ago

Back