Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

I have the itlwm.kext enabled if my EFI folder, make sure that is turned off or else it will likely cause a conflict and bork your wireless. You also should not need IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext turned on, that is also for intel wireless bluetooth cards.
itlwm.png

Last edited:
cool thanks ! it worked well, had another 5700xt laying around, which i sell next week, just tried out with the boot argument, worked fine :) thanks ! also nice tip to stay away from OCCView attachment 527491

Update: is it safe to update with OC 7.0 the mac os version? currently im on: 11.0.1 (big sur).. ?
Yes sir

I have the itlwm.kext enabled if my EFI folder, make sure that is turned off or else it will likely cause a conflict and bork your wireless.View attachment 527661
Ok so I disabled entry 12 but still no wifi. Bluetooth works but handoff sport says no..

Ok so I disabled entry 12 but still no wifi. Bluetooth works but handoff sport says no..
What is handoff sport? Wireless should show in system preferences under network and there should be a wireless icon in the menu bar top right corner. Try resetting the NVRAM and the OpenCore boot menu if you don't show either of those, it will clear your kext cache and load the newly designated kexts. Also see my edit on my last post regarding bluetooth.

I currently have 5 (AirportBrcmFixup) 9 (bluetooth injector) 10 (brcm firmware) and 11(patch ram 3) enabled, 12 off
If you want to try and reference kext numbers that gets confusing but following that method both 12 and 13 should be off.

If you want to try and reference kext numbers that gets confusing but following that method both 12 and 13 should be off.
Hand Off is another whole issue.....please read my posts and check System Preferences / Network and take a screen shot of what's showing after you reboot and clear the NVRAM

Have 12 and 13 off now, cleared the NVRAM rebooted and still no wifi
Is wireless turned on in the BIOS? You said it worked in Windows so I'm thinking that's not the issue. You can try this newer version of the kext, but otherwise I don't know why its not working. Typically Wireless works right away, and Bluetooth doesn't until changes are made to how USB ports are configured, lots of examples of that here, you have the opposite which is odd. It seems like its maybe a config.plist issue. Are you using OpenCore Configurator?

Attachments

• AirportBrcmFixup.zip
    26.3 KB · Views: 26
Back