Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Was just using nano but now using plist edit pro.

It says I might need to set boot-arg brcmfx-driver=2 and do something funky with the AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext... I tried the boot arg and still no dice.. Will try the latest kext.

Any idea what they mean with the 4360 part of the package contents? Some people are saying deleting that part fixed it but it didn't seem to work for me.

Was just using nano but now using plist edit pro.

It says I might need to set boot-arg brcmfx-driver=2 and do something funky with the AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext... I tried the boot arg and still no dice.. Will try the latest kext.

Any idea what they mean with the 4360 part of the package contents? Some people are saying deleting that part fixed it but it didn't seem to work for me.
First time this has been reported as an issue, I don't use that card so have limited ways I can help if I could replicate the issue. There's this link here you may already have checked out.

Personally I think this card is a better choice, natively recognized, no drivers needed except for windows.

I've ordered it!

One more dumb question. I wiped my nvme hd but imaged each of the partitions using dd in mint before, any idea how to go about partitioning it and putting them back on and making them play with OpenCore? I have a linux usb and have got as far as resizing the macOS partition to create space for the new stuff... (feel free to pass you've been massively helpful already)

BTW just after I ordered it I managed to get that bloody card to work lol! The link you gave me the guy had a slightly different kext load ordering for Bcrmfixup to yours (understandably since you don't need it / had it disabled), copying his has enabled wifi! Now I just have to triple boot this beast.

I've ordered it!

One more dumb question. I wiped my nvme hd but imaged each of the partitions using dd in mint before, any idea how to go about partitioning it and putting them back on and making them play with OpenCore? I have a linux usb and have got as far as resizing the macOS partition to create space for the new stuff... (feel free to pass you've been massively helpful already)
Glad you got that card working, I’ll have to review the kext order later

This link talks about multi booting with OpenCore, not sure how much help it will be

Glad you got that card working, I’ll have to review the kext order later

This link talks about multi booting with OpenCore, not sure how much help it will be

Thanks for everything, will dig in. Have iCloud, handover, sidecar all seemingly working fine and I can finally use the target application I put myself through this week of pain to access!

Is it still worth putting the SSDT for the Vega 56 or is that no longer neccessary? I get a metal score of 58298 and an openCL score of 52180. Browsing the benchmarks that seems about normal...

Is it still worth putting the SSDT for the Vega 56 or is that no longer neccessary? I get a metal score of 58298 and an openCL score of 52180. Browsing the benchmarks that seems about normal...
Up to you, I don't use it. It was kind of a thing everyone was excited about a while back but there was no measurable real world gains using it. Interest seems to have fizzled out

BTW just after I ordered it I managed to get that bloody card to work lol! The link you gave me the guy had a slightly different kext load ordering for Bcrmfixup to yours (understandably since you don't need it / had it disabled), copying his has enabled wifi! Now I just have to triple boot this beast.
I double checked kext order per Dortania and supposedly had them in the correct order. But, hey, whatever works is more important.
Kext Order.png

I’ll skip the SSDT then.

I don’t think it was the order. If you look at the thread which you linked me, a guy posts a screen grab of his kext add ins, and he has multiple entries for BrcmAirportFixup that selects the right one in the package and explicitly disables 4360. I think that was what fixed it.

Back