Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

It says right in the description it does NOT work with MacOS. I think your best bet is to return it and find one that does. There is an ASUS model I have used before that does for about the same $.

• 【Wide Compatibility】 Support Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista. NOT support Mac OS.
Thank you! I did see that but trusted the recommendation from the various posts more than the Amazon description :) I have ordered the ASUS USB-BT500 now.

Hi.
I'm using your tutorial, I did as you do except i9 9600k. Now it's time to modify because I want to play Microsoft Flight Simulator. I have a question, basically two. Is it possible to mount two graphics cards - one for MacOS, which can run and run, and the other for Win10? My guess is not, therefore the second question. What is the most powerful graphics card that can be inserted into this kit at the moment? @ModMike can you advise anything?

Hi.
I'm using your tutorial, I did as you do except i9 9600k. Now it's time to modify because I want to play Microsoft Flight Simulator. I have a question, basically two. Is it possible to mount two graphics cards - one for MacOS, which can run and run, and the other for Win10? My guess is not, therefore the second question. What is the most powerful graphics card that can be inserted into this kit at the moment? @ModMike can you advise anything?
If you are using the "I" board then there is only one Pcie slot for a graphics card. On other larger format boards with more connectivity options you could experiment with two cards, its is possible just not with your motherboard. You might be able to disable an Nvidia card in OS X and run off the iGPU, that answer is probably in another thread.

Lots of websites have benchmarks for graphics cards performance, you can check them for recommendations, otherwise a Radeon 7 (hard to find and expensive) or some version of a Radeon 5700XT are most often used.

@Leesureone thanks for answer. I was thinking about RX5700XT - this is the easiest way - but Flight Simulator lacks some power and only RX2080 ti can be played in 4k.

Or wait for new cards to be released soon. But what about support?

Hi ModMike, just want to thank you for writing the detailed and informative article - got my hackintosh up and running perfectly. I was also experiencing the black screen loop and as you advised, removing the HDMI from the motherboard video card to the external displayport worked perfectly. ;)

I just had one question - do I need to do anything to have Bluetooth work on the install as I cannot see the option in system preferences..
Did you swap out the Wireless/Bluetooth card?

Did you swap out the Wireless/Bluetooth card?
Hi mate, sorry this was a newbie mistake - I have the non WiFI version of this motherboard (facepalm). Another issue though has since arose - have you ever had an issue with mouse lag? It seems to get worse when I have multiple devices plugged in via USB..

I should highlight that the mouse itself works fine when on the bootloader menu - so this is specific to when on macos..

Hello CaroImperio,

Could you please so kind and upload your current EFI.
I use the same Board and use currently opencore 0.58.
I still have the black BIOS problem.

Regards
kaminkehrer
Hey Kaminkehrer theer is more to it than just the EFI, and I'm not comfortable sharing mine,
^ Follow this guide to switch over to emulated NVRAM, it helped to solve a bunch of my issues, also disabling the serial port seemed to fix unlock with apple watch which showed `poor signal` before

Back