Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

@Leesureone
I have a few more questions - Clover or OpenCore?
I want to reinstall my Mac on a new disk and make a dual boot - with Windows 10 to MS Flight Simulator. Is kext to the rx 5700xt card - are they good from the first post?

Hi. I successfully installed Catalina on my z390i but somehow my graphic performance seems to be bad. I use integrated graphics. My CPU is a i7-8700. Geekbench 5 shows the following results:

OpenCL Score - 4775
Metal Score - 4257

Single-Core Score - 1153
Multi-Core Score - 6095

Isn't that way too low? or am I guessing wrong? I use all kexts recommended in this guide except virtualSMC (stucked when booting). Actually the graphic acceleration seems to work as I have a transparent dock and at "about this Mac" it shows me 1536MB for the graphics. I also can select different display resolutions which seems to be right at the first look. What can be wrong? Something wrong with my config.plist?

Thanks for helping!

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 57
@Leesureone
I have a few more questions - Clover or OpenCore?
I want to reinstall my Mac on a new disk and make a dual boot - with Windows 10 to MS Flight Simulator. Is kext to the rx 5700xt card - are they good from the first post?
Kexts are older in his EFIs because they haven't been updated but otherwise yes. You will need to pick which ever version you are comfortable with and then add the boot argument "agdpmod=pikera" to avoid a black screen using a 5700XT Card.

Hi. I successfully installed Catalina on my z390i but somehow my graphic performance seems to be bad. I use integrated graphics. My CPU is a i7-8700. Geekbench 5 shows the following results:

OpenCL Score - 4775
Metal Score - 4257

Single-Core Score - 1153
Multi-Core Score - 6095

Isn't that way too low? or am I guessing wrong? I use all kexts recommended in this guide except virtualSMC (stucked when booting). Actually the graphic acceleration seems to work as I have a transparent dock and at "about this Mac" it shows me 1536MB for the graphics. I also can select different display resolutions which seems to be right at the first look. What can be wrong? Something wrong with my config.plist?

Thanks for helping!
His scores are from Geekbench 4

Hello,

I have been switched from opencore 0.58 to opencore 0.60.
All thinks work fine after some reconfig.

The only open point that I can't find any solution is:
How can I hide the boot option for the "Recovery 10.15.6" at the boot menu.

Please send me some solution for this. I only would like to see the Windows and catalina item.

Kind Regards
kaminkehrer

Kexts are older in his EFIs because they haven't been updated but otherwise yes. You will need to pick which ever version you are comfortable with and then add the boot argument "agdpmod=pikera" to avoid a black screen using a 5700XT Card.
Can you explain? I change card - forgot to install kext, and macOS reboot afert Apple logo. Try do add "agd..." to clover, but then, stuck on apple logo.
Sorry for noob question, but this is new for me.

Can you explain? I change card - forgot to install kext, and macOS reboot afert Apple logo. Try do add "agd..." to clover, but then, stuck on apple logo.
Sorry for noob question, but this is new for me.
What kext? I'm sorry I don't understand exactly what you are trying to ask. If you still have your USB boot drive use it to start the computer using the igpu then using clover configurator add the boot argument. You can search how to add boot arguments here or wherever.

Thank you so much for this guide ModMike!! I've successfully installed Catalina 10.15.4, booting with clover. But now it's posted in safe mode every time! I downloaded the recent Clover DGPU-EFI on page 1 which has SSDT-PMC.aml in the patched folder. I also updated clover. What do you suggest?

Thank you so much for this guide ModMike!! I've successfully installed Catalina 10.15.4, booting with clover. But now it's posted in safe mode every time! I downloaded the recent Clover DGPU-EFI on page 1 which has SSDT-PMC.aml in the patched folder. I also updated clover. What do you suggest?
There are other users in they forum reporting the same issue (happened to me as well). Here are results of a search the bottom results being from this thread.

There are other users in they forum reporting the same issue (happened to me as well). Here are results of a search the bottom results being from this thread.

Yes that's where I started before replying to this thread, but unfortunately I haven't had any success. Did you resolve the issue??

Back