Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

I am aware of your referenced guide. But how does one test the internal USB, as the guide is more about plugging devices into the ports, and IDing what port becomes active? I'm not sure how to do that for an internal port, and so I was hoping someone on this thread could provide me with the name / id of the MB internal USB header port? That way I can guarantee it is included as a defined port in the port list....
Internal ports show up in Hackintool just like external ones, you could have been done already.

Internal Headers.png

Last edited:
you could have been done already.

Well there goes another four hours of Hackintosh. With no success.

I tried to follow the referenced guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

I did all the steps up to port discovery, very carefully.

When I got to the port discovery I found a MAJOR difference between the guide and the Hackintool (very latest version)
When I have a USB device plugged into a port, THE HIGHLIGHT DOES NOT happen as shown in the guide - I mean the 'star' or * to the side. So there's no feedback of plugging a device in.

Unless, as I assumed the Green lines are showing ALL the active devices?

So I plugged a device into EVERY port simultaneously. I got something like this (one port turned off in this picture)
Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 9.20.51 PM.png

I then selected and deleted (minus sign) the inactive ports, and exported to USBPorts.kext. Copied the kext to my EFI folder, removed USBInjectAll.kext, changed config.plist to enable USBPorts.kext and rebooted.

I stupidly also copied the newly created SSDT-UIAC.aml etc files to EFI/OC/ACPI.

I rebooted and the reboot froze.

I removed the newly added SSDT*.aml files from EFI/OC/ACPI and rebooted (lucky to have a USB OC stick too).

It booted but I have few ports:

Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 9.21.53 PM.png

No SS ports, most ports gone.

Useless.

And I STILL can't figure out how to identify the INTERNAL MB USB 2.0 port!

What am I doing wrong? I have attached my ENTIRE EFI folder with serial numbers erased.

I'm posting this on the USB guide too , in case someone there can help me.

Attachments

• OC-EFI-TRIAL.zip
    60.2 MB · Views: 157

I tried to follow the referenced guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

When I got to the port discovery I found a MAJOR difference between the guide and the Hackintool (very latest version)
When I have a USB device plugged into a port, THE HIGHLIGHT DOES NOT happen as shown in the guide - I mean the 'star' or * to the side. So there's no feedback of plugging a device in.

So I plugged a device into EVERY port simultaneously. I got something like this (one port turned off in this picture)
View attachment 479678

I then selected and deleted (minus sign) the inactive ports, and exported to USBPorts.kext. Copied the kext to my EFI folder, removed USBInjectAll.kext, changed config.plist to enable USBPorts.kext and rebooted.

I stupidly also copied the newly created SSDT-UIAC.aml etc files to EFI/OC/ACPI.

I removed the newly added SSDT*.aml files from EFI/OC/ACPI and rebooted (lucky to have a USB OC stick too).

View attachment 479676

Useless.

What am I doing wrong? I have attached my ENTIRE EFI folder with serial numbers erased.

Some things are wrong in the setup that you inherited from Modmike so that would be frustrating. He has a couple of kernel patches that need to be eliminated (numbers 4 and 5 can be changed to NO, see first attachment). They were used in clover to get past the port limit in OS X. To do that in Open Core as stated in the instructions turn on XchiPortLimit in Kernel Quirks instead, see second attachment.

Also make sure you have USBinjectall.kext in kexts and enabled in the config.plist when you begin, you probably did and removed it after.

Once that's done on your next boot your Headers will show and you can can begin to identify ports. Notice in the last screen shot your USBPorts.kexts is trying to double enter ports, there are two USB Subsystems being identified in it somehow and that's causing you grief, there should only be one with your finished list of ports

Kernel Patches.png

Kernel Quirks.png
Two Machines.png

View attachment 479678

View attachment 479676

Useless.

Some users just leave the Xchiportlimit at YES and call it a day. It’s not exactly recommended but it usually works. Also be careful double posting, rules state not too and may mean deletion of one or both.

He has a couple of kernel patches that need to be eliminated (numbers 4 and 5 can be changed to NO, see first attachment). They were used in clover to get past the port limit in OS X.
Really confused

ARe you saying I should disable the PLP #4 &#5 in my config.plist before doing the usb tests? That's contrary to the instructions

Also I am still unclear on the simplest point, which I don'T see in your replies (?) - how do I distinguish the ACTIVE ports in Hackintool? Is my goal to create a USBPort.kext of all the green/active rows?

Finally I don't see two usb USB sub controllers in the io regs? What / where is that?

Really confused

ARe you saying I should disable the PLP #4 &#5 in my config.plist before doing the usb tests? That's contrary to the instructions

Also I am still unclear on the simplest point, which I don'T see in your replies (?) - how do I distinguish the ACTIVE ports in Hackintool? Is my goal to create a USBPort.kext of all the green/active rows?

Finally I don't see two usb USB sub controllers in the io regs? What / where is that?
You have misread the instructions, relax and start over tomorrow. Make sure you pay attention to the OpenCore procedures, not the clover parts. If you set it up right identifying ports will become clear per the instructions. Your USBPorts.kext can be opened using the menu command “show contents”. Then open the info.plist you will see what I mean about dual entries.

About to give this a go now everything has turned up, just one thing I want to get my head round and make sure I do properly before starting is the instruction: "Delete the EFI folder in the EFI partition of the USB installer drive you created with UniBeast" How do I go about this as this is comes before installing and mounting the EFI through clover. Is it just as simple as deleting the folder in my USB after unibeast has done its job?

Thanks in advance!

About to give this a go now everything has turned up, just one thing I want to get my head round and make sure I do properly before starting is the instruction: "Delete the EFI folder in the EFI partition of the USB installer drive you created with UniBeast" How do I go about this as this is comes before installing and mounting the EFI through clover. Is it just as simple as deleting the folder in my USB after UniBeast has done its job?

Thanks in advance!
You don't use Clover to mount the hidden EFI partition, you would use Clover Configurator or another EFI partition mounting solution on the same Mac you used to create the install media with. Once you do that, then, yes, its as simple as deleting the folder and emptying the trash.

Last edited:
You don't use Clover to mount the hidden EFI partition, you would use Clover Configurator or another EFI partition mounting solution on the same Mac you used to create the install media with. Once you do that, then, yes, its as simple as deleting the folder and emptying the trash.
OK. Reassuring, thank you!

Last edited:
thanks too much to saving my life!

i've ordered a Broadcom BCM94352Z WIFI Card
everything works fine expect 1:
Ultrafine 4k monitor, it will turn black after several minutes, i'm still working on it...

Back